Tuesday 25 May 2021

Can I invite you to write your life story

AUTO BIOGRAPHY – AUTO BIO GRAPHY – SELF LIFE WRITING

When it comes to writing I think that everybody should write their life story. To write it for future generations in their families: for their children, grandchildren, great-grandchilden, for those who will be alive in 2121 – 2221 and even further into the future. Everyone should write their autobiography.

Nobody know the subject matter better than the writer and the writer knows no subject matter better than the person who has lived it. The rich, the famous and the self-important write their autobiographies but it is the ORDINARY person who has the REAL story to tell.

Within my Amazon Bookshelf I have a few autobiographical bits and pieces.

On 1st March 2017 I published by schoolboy autobiography THINGS WERE DIFFERENT IN


MY DAY – DIFFERENT DOES NOTMEAN BETTER.
As a former school teacher I would be embarrassed if any of my Leonite student read what an educational waste of space I was.

Then on 11th April 2017 I published my teenage autobiography THE STORY OF A TEENAGE ENTREPENEUR (FAILED)  The failed bit does not explain that I was rubbish as a retail management trainee but how a change of career took me into a completely different direction.

Oh how I wish I was a teenager again !  I would even put up with

having to go to school in order to be young again.

Then on 22nd February 2020 I added THE RAMBLINGS OF A SILLY OLD MAN to my Amazon Bookshelf.

I hate being old. Although born in 1950 I really grew up in the Swinging Sixties. What a decade that was and how it has gone down in history !  I put my memories together in SWINGING THROUGH THE SIXTIES which was published on 25th September 2020. If you also grew up in that magical decade have a read and see what you  remember from the bits and pieces I talk about. If you were not born then read and see just how much you  missed out on !

SWINGING THROUGH THE SIXTIES was originally intended to be a one off but when my

Mum and Dad read it and enjoyed what I had to say I reached deeper into my memories for YOU NEVER GROW OLD WITH ROCK AND ROLL my s tory of the 1950’s published on 10th October 2020.

Musically the 1960’s and the 1950’s were great but it was the 1970’s which was the most special time. I tell of this inLIFE IS A DISCO SO DANCE which was published on 31st October 2020.

I believe that if it had not been for Margaret Thatcher in the 1980’s Britain today would be a third world nation.  I recall my memories in THERETRO EIGHTIES which hit my Amazon Bookshelf on 31st

December 2020.

The Naughty Nineties, the Tony Blair years !  NO, I am not going to recall the rubbish our country went through !

I am enjoying reading the draft text for MIT CASE FILES and making a few revisions. The early chapters I was not quite so keen on but right now with EVIL’S REVENGE I am having a lot of fun.

I am going to stop setting target dates for adding this to my Amazon Bookshelf, it will be done when it is done but I am really excited about my next writing project IT’S A MAD BAD WORLD. This will be autobiographical as I compare the 1960’s with the present day 2020’s. The sixties were MAD, the 20’s are BAD.

So why don’t you have a go at your autobiography !  Go on, write something for your generations to come.


IF YOU DO WRITE PLEASE TELL ME - I WOULD LOVE TO READ YOUR STORY

e-mail me: dashford566@gmail.com


 

No comments:

Post a Comment