Sunday 18 June 2023

MK Today - Sunday 18th June 2023

Life much be so much easier for people who do not care.

My head is aching like crazy after banging it against the brick wall of Bletchley and Fenny Stratford Tow Council these past three months as I have tried to rescue Leon Dinosaur from its lack of care these past seven years.

Leon Dinosaur of course features in my 1994 book NOT THE CONCRETE COWS. Within the opening phrases of that book I wrote: I doubt there is such a thing as a Milton Keynes Fan Cub but if they were then you could certainly put me down for a lifetime subscription. I also said thirty years ago that I did not like what some people were trying to do to Milton Keynes. Well they’ve done it now and continue to do what they do.

Life must be easier for those who do not care. Easier does not mean better !

Saturday 17th June a seventeen year old boy was stabbed in New Bradwell. Looking at the

BBC News website at the crack of dawn on Sunday 18
th June there are reports of a police officer being stabbed in Kent, the horrific events of murders and attempted murders in Nottingham. The news of hundred being killed in Uganda has dropped off the BBC’s radar.

In MILTON KEYNES THE CITY OF LEGEND I speak about Stab City. In my fiction book THEHANGMAN’S GRANDSON I give factual information listing murders when the death penalty was in use and comparing them with the number of killings happening in modern society. I do not support the death penalty but since its abolition the number of killings has increased dramatically.

Saying that I did not like what some people were trying to do to Milton Keynes I am sure could be said of society all over the country. Those people are people who do not care.

It is now 6am. In half an hour or so I will be taking Doggie Barnaby out for his morning walk. As I do every day I will pick up litter as we begin our day. I’ll tell you what happened after the walk. BRB.

7.05am and I ARB – Am Right Back.

Not too sinister a walk around Scruffy West Bletchley. Barnaby and I picked up one bag of crap West Bletchley style. (I must explain 1 carrier bag and not a bin bag.) That brings our total since March to 144 – A gross for those who are

old enough to know what a gross is !

On 8th June I hand delivered a letter to Milton Keynes Cowboy Council regarding the City of Litter. It was supportive of the work the council does but invited persecution of litterers. I posted a copy to Scruffy West Bletchley Council. NEITHER REPLIED. Milton Keynes where politics comes before people. A few days ago I e-mailed the presentation to three members of Milton Keynes Green Party’s committee. NOT ONE HAS THS FAR REPLIED. Milton Keynes where politics comes before people in every case and here where politics comes before the environment.


Enough of all this negativity !
 Thought For Today.

Believe in your heart that you're meant to live a life full of passion, purpose, magic and miracles.

Lovely words. I will say no more.

For nearly two years I have been working to take all of the names from all of the war memorials across our city and place them into what I call the MILTON KEYNES BOOK OF HONOUR. I am trying to reveal the REAL people behind the names. Every day I share on social media those who fell on that day.

Here is the list of today's young men who gave their lives so we can live our old lives:

1915 Corporal RMR/B/`585 Charles Joseph Fleet DSM (Ch/10109) Chatham Battalion Royal Navy Division Royal Marine Light Infantry. Died Friday 18th June 1915 at the age of thirty-three years. Named on Newport Pagnell War Memorial. Corporal Fleet has no known grave. He is commemorated in Skew Bridge Cemetery Turkey Special Memorial A 42.

1918 Private 51287 George Vincent Pater 10th Battalion Worcester Regiment. Killed in action Tuesday 18th June 1918 in France and Flanders. Born and resident Olney. Named on Olney War Memorial. Private Pater’s place of burial and commemoration are not known.

1945 Lance Corporal T/266498 Arthur Charles Umney Royal Army Service Corps attached to Royal Artillery. Died Monday 18th June 1945 at the age of thirty-eight years. Son of Charles and Lilian Umney, husband of Mabel Umney of Newport Pagnell. Named on Newport Pagnell War Memorial. Lance Corporal Umney is buried in Labuan War Ceetery Malaysia Grave R B 11.

1945 Gunner 1766419 Cecil Thomas Baldwin 14 (The Essex Yeomanry) Royal Horse Artillery. Died Monday 18th June 1945 at the age of twenty-nine years. Son of Joseph and Edith Baldwin of Newport Pagnell. Named on Newport Pagnell War Memorial. Gunner Baldwin is buried in Beirut War Cemetery Lebanese Republic Grave 7 F 3.

Where I can find the information I am listing these young men by the addresses where they lived calling this the Milton Keynes Map of Honour. Let me select an address by random and

here share it.

SAINT MARY STREET NEW BRADWELL:

Number 62 - 1918 Private 86492 Louis James Illing 50th Machine Gun Corps (Infantry) Formerly 27515 Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire Light Infantry. Killed in action Friday 22nd March 1918.

Within my book MILTON KEYNES THE CITY OF LEGEND there is a chapter We Built This City On Rock And Roll.

Not exactly Rock and Roll but Here is the King of Rock and Roll singing a piece of Milton Keynes music.


Composed in Olney Milton Keynes by former slave trader John Newton in December 1772 Amazing Grace is the most recorded piece of music by artist ever. Here is US President Barac Obama's version.


MK TODAY began in January  from my book MILTON KEYNES THE CITY OF LEGEND but
with my banging my head against the brick wall of Bletchley & Fenny Stratford Town Council I found myself too involved trying to rescue Leon Dinosaur so stopped. That is not good enough, I need to get back to writing this project so here I am.

I am not going to say I will write a page every day, I would like to but will write as and when I have somehing to share of importace to our city. Of importance to the REAL people in our city and not those who think real people exist purely their political ego-centred games.

Life much be so much easier for people who do not care.

It woud but if so what is the point in living such a life ?

Do you recognise the picture I have used for the cover of my book ?








No comments:

Post a Comment