Wednesday 12 January 2022

Trying to use my my writing to support our community

You may have seen recent support the media has been giving to my writing. I am grateful for this.

As well as my books, short stories and essays I am working on three extended projects featuring and celebrating our community.

IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF SAMMY LEON I shared the initial planning stages and am so grateful for the support that flooded my way through social media. This plan is now on hold until the early summer when I will physically be walking in Sir Herbert Leon’s footsteps ahead of publication in November 2022 when it is hoped a member of the Leon Family will be able to fire a Fenny Popper on 11th November.

WATCH THIS SPACE.

For almost forty years I have been a vocal supporter of our NHS. In May 2020 I published

OUR REBEKAH A LOVE STORY FROM OUR NHS. I am now working on a sequel MIRACLES STILL HAPPEN THEY ARE CALLED THE NHS. The plan is to publish this in July marking the 74th anniversary of the NHS. I am hoping a local retail outlet will host an NHS DAY.

I am working with a number of local NHS managers and charities which I will feature within the celebration.

I have published a bit of fun, an e-book which readers can open on their computers, tablets or phones and read while playing music on

YouTube. This is called A DISCO FOR THE ANGELS. You can download this for 99p. My royalties for each download are 30p ALL of which will be given, alongside royalties from OUR REBEKAH A LOVE STORY FROM OUR NHS and MIRACLES STILL HAPPEN THEY ARE CALLED THE NHS.

I love people and I love people who love people but what is the point of caring for people if we do not care for the planet on which we all live. I have been a member of The National Trust for forty years and am now involving myself in its ambition to plant twenty million trees by the year 2030. I am dipping into my pocket to pay for a sapling to be planted every week. In support of this I have published PLANT A TREE ‘TIL SEVENTY THREE.

I am keeping a diary of all National Trust visits across the year which will be published in December OUR NATIONAL TRUST THE CHAMPION OF HERITAGE AND NATURE. Similar to my music e-book for the NHS I have published A DISCO FOR THE TREES. Please check them out. ALL royalties will be used to plant more trees.

The jewel in The National Trust’s crown is Stowe near Buckingham, ever day people from Milton Keynes flock there. Do pay it a visit. A little further away, about a forty minute drive, is Ashridge Forest where some amazing tree specimens await you. Right now it is a bit muddy so make sure you take your wellies with you.

So thank you to the media areas who are sup porting me. I can not promise every day to write a blog but I will try and share some of the bits and pieces I am penning to support our local community. Have a read.

THANKS

If you want to contact me my e-mail address is: maxrobinsonwriter@btinternet.com

My Amazon Bookshelf can be found at www.maxrobinsonwriter.com 

On Facebook HERE I AM

I don't use Twitter - Twitter is for twits so I'll leave that to the politicians. Oooopppsss !



No comments:

Post a Comment