Wednesday 22 February 2017

My Plans For Wednesday


I want to be excited today. Outside the weather is typical February. It was W S Gilbert, of Gilbert and Sullivan fame, who described February as a "beastly month". The weather man says we are in for a weather bomb, what ever one of those is, tomorrow so I need my spirit lifting. Let me start with today's MUSIC TO MAKE YOUR DAY GO WELL.



I was a bit late getting up this morning, I am usually up by 4.30am but today it was 5.15am ! Naughty.  I have taken the dogs for their walk - my best friend Jake and his girlfriend Lucy who is staying with us for a week. They have both had their breakgfast.  I've been into the garden and fed the birds. I've put a load of nuts out for the squirrels.  The only person who has not eaten is ME !  I have a fasting blood test at the doctors at 10.40am - that's still THREE HOURS AWAY.  I'm not feeling hungry -YET but by the time the blood has been taken I'll be famished.

Right I need to stop writing for a moment as I have to go and take my grandson to school. Be back in a moment.

Jake always comes with me when we go round to Adam's house to pick him up for school. Here's Jake looking out of the car window for Adam. Today Adam.s brother Oliver came to school as well. he is in the nursery class and goes there twice a week.
Jake has persuaded me to re-start his blog so I'll be doing that when I come back from the school run.  You will be able to read it in JAKE'S STORY.

My story - McDERMOTT'S NEXT CASE is almost fiished.  I know exactly how it's going to end, I just have to get the ideas out of my head and on to paper then into my laptop and on-line. I want to write a third case for Detective Sergeant David McDermott but I have an idea for something completely different. I will be working on FIREBALL XL5 but I am going to have to give some attention to this idea racing through my mind.
I used to read horror stories by Dennis Wheatley novels - The Devil Rides out, To The Devil A Daughter, the Ka of Gifford Hillary, The Haunting of Toby Jug and so on. I do not believe in the devil any more than I believe in god but I do have a theory.

MAN CREATED GOD IN HIS OWN IMAGE

Think about that for a moment. Who is God ?  The God of the Jews ?  The God of the Moslems ? The God of the Christians ? If Christian - catholic, pentecostal, methodist, baptist ?  Each forms God in the image they meant him to be. While there is no such supernatural being as God if enough minds come together they can actually create him. The same with the Devil, goodness knows there is enough evil in this world for that to happen.

That's something I want to explore in a story.

Now can I have a few words about my YouTube Channel ? I operate this partly because of my love for music and partly in the hope that it will find new readers for my stories. I have now published a collection of my Top Ten Favourite songs - CLICK HER and have a listen. With each I explain why the song is important to me and what part it played in my life. I am listening to those songs right now as I write this blog. What I would like to do is to invite you to tell me about YOUR Top Ten. I have set up a new website TopTen4U for you to do that. It would give me a thrill if you wanted to check it out.
It is now 9am, another two hours before I can eat.  I am famished !

Oh well.

Let me bring this blog entry to a close with my selection of music to end your day.

















No comments:

Post a Comment