Tuesday 21 July 2020

Facebook - My personal pain

Facebook TWICE invited me to become friends with my dead daughter !

You know how when you log in to facebook it suggests people you may know and invites you to become friends. TWICE it put up my dead daughter Rebekah's profile and suggested I become a friends. Mr Z she has been DEAD FOR MORE THAN THREE YEARS !

I would love that story to go viral and expose the evil of social media but I doubt it will. Even if it did do you think anyone would care ?

I am coming up to three weeks since I stopped using Facebook. REMOTELY I am posting updates on my writing and music but I am not logging in.

In addition to the heartbreaking pain Mr Z has personally caused me....

  • I do not like the new design of the site. Like all geeks it's a case of IF IT AINT BUST THEN TOTALLY DESTROY IT.
  • I have become frustrated and angered by the repetitive rubbish people have been posting in these difficult times. Not to mention the fake and dangerous news published regarding corona virus.
  • I have failed miserably to generate the support I need for the good causes I have been trying to operate. People are far too busy in their own little worlds. 

Life without Facebook is great but as I am coming towards publishing two books: MILTON DREAMS THE CITY THAT NEVER WAS and GETTING TO KNOW MY GRANDDAD I could use the help of social media to promote them.

But should I allow the evil of Facebook which has dishonoured my daughter and broken my heart to fail me yet again ?

This is what I have decided.

I am going to wait and see how many people read this blog. I would love it if my pain could go viral and punch, metaphorically, Mr Z square on the nose. I doubt he would apologise for what he has done but I would like him to know.

I am not going to hold my breath.


No comments:

Post a Comment