Wednesday 23 September 2020

THE END IS NIGHT ! 23rd September 2020

Wednesday 23rd September 2020
Shortly after the start of the lock down in Spring I started to keep a diary not so much recording the factual events but how I was feeling. After one hundred entries I put everything together and published it as an e-book on Amazon under the title of ESCAPE FROM ARMAGEDDON - The First One Hundred Years. Publication happened on 14th July 2020.

I did not want anyone to pay the 77p to buy a download, my wishes have been honoured !  No, seriously I hoped I was burring a cyber time capsule mankind could open in 100, 1,000, 10,000 years to come and get an insight into an ordinary life during the world pandemic.

Now, two and a bit months later corona virus is spiking again. 4,926 new cases yesterday, in the height of the earlier spike 6,183 cases recorded on 5th April. Not far to go to overtake that number. Mercifully, death figures are mower than in the spring but one death is one too many.

I think it is time to start a new diary to leave as a cyber time capsule. Will there be anyone in years to come there to open and read what I have written ?

First of all I feel that the government in introducing new restrictions which will come into force tomorrow has failed miserably to take strong enough measures to safeguard the public. However, covid 19, pandemic, corona virus, call it what you will pales into insignificance by the side of the climate emergency mankind is creating. I did a bit of research before writing this diary entry, if things continue the way they are in thirty years time we will have reached the point of no return. Mankind will be heading towards the same destination as the dinosaurs.

I am fearfully approaching my seventieth birthday, my family has a history of longevity so I may well be around in thirty years time. If I am writing a diary then what will I have to say.

Today I say: Boris Johnson get your act together and put in place a proper system to protect our country. More importantly make the United Kingdom a world example  stopping climate extinction. I may or I may not live to be one hundred years old but I want my grandchildren to live to my age and for their grandchildren to be living in a happy and safe world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment