Tuesday 23 November 2021

Leon Dinosaur, Leon Bridge and a Radio Podcast od heritage

Were you a Leonite who was part of the team working with Bill Billings building Leon Dinosaur ?

To check the original blog about Leon Dinosaur CLICK HERE.

When I shared the story behind this project which was the idea of Headmaster Bruce Abbott then given to me to make happen I was so pleased by the response to that blog posting.

Today I am going to visit the dinosaur at Warren Adventure Playground and say Hello to an old friend. The Peartree Bridge Dinosaur has a small plaque saying it was built by Bill Billings, I want to make as part of IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF SAMMY LEON a campaign for a similar acknowledgement for our dinosaur.

If you were part of the team building this icon of heritage and would care to share any memories please either drop me an e-mail at dashford566@gmail.com or friend me and message me on facebook. I want to put this idea to the council on Monday next week 29th November.

On another matter: Does anyone know how to set up and manage an on-line petition ? Again a part of IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF SAMMY LEON I want to campaign for Leon Bridge to be lifted out of obscurity and proudly honoured as a part of our heritage. If you can help please either e-mail at dashford566@gmail.com or friend me and message me on facebook.

PRIOR TO SEPTEMBER 1838 THE SOUTHERN PART OF THIS RAILWAY TERMINATED AT THIS BRIDGE WHENCE PASSENGERS WERE CONVEYED BY COACH TO RUGBY WHERE THEY REJOINED THE RAILWAY TO BIRMINGHAM. THIS COMMEMORATION BY SIR HERBERT LEON BART OF BLETCHLEY PARK AND BY KIND PERMISSION OF LRNW RAILWAY AUGUST 1920.



To check out my author's profile visit - www.maxrobinsonwriter.com 








No comments:

Post a Comment