Tuesday 3 January 2023

The Diary Of A Nobody - 3rd January 2023

Tuesday 3rd January 2023:

           What will today bring ?

O have to5.55am: I slept on the settee last night. My legs are less swollen. With the NHS in crisis I feel guilty but today I am going to have to call the hospital and ask if the cast can be taken off my right hand.

I am waiting for the 6am news on TV.  

6am: BBC News. Now the Bullshit Broadcasting Corporation has finished its self-congratulatory adverts FINALLY the news headlines !  Rail strikes, the government says that  passengers have had enough ! But who have they had enough with ? The striking rail staff or the government ?  I don’t use the trains myself, I find this to be a user unfriendly form of transport.  People are being told to wear a face masks again as flu is spreading like crazy and adding yet more pressure to the NHS. Businesses are complaining about the cost of energy. (Again)

The topic that caught my attention was an alert that there are not enough volunteers to train dogs for the blind. So many people without sight and in need of a canine friend are able to be supported. As a kid at school the aluminium tops from breaktime milk bottles were always collected to be melted down and sold in aluminium bars for dogs for the blind.

Sleeping last night I hoed for a 4am moment to help me with the next part of Wealth Behind Bars. I would like to finish the draft story by the end of the week, The dawn did not oblige but when I was awake these words came to me:

When you dream your activities are not confined to merely three dimensions. When that dream turns into a nightmare dimensions flow from one to infinity. That night Jake’s dream saw him flow through dimensions of beautiful rainbow colours, when his nightmare came the only colour was black and a total absence of any rainbow.

11.31am:  I have just returned from hospital. Had the plaster taken off my arm, the operation was a huge success. Such loving care. Starting physiotherapy, got an appointment next week. I LOVE OUR NHS.

Returning from the hospital my tiger adoption from WWF has arrived. Welcome Tigger.

1.16pm I’ve just done my physio therapy exercised for my hand. NOT easy, I’ve still hot a long way to go. My whole arm is aching.

BBC News. First item was the rail strikes which are not relevant to me. Then the NHS crisis which is so relevant. Crisis yes but love and care continue. Then the situation regarding training dogs for blind people again touched my heart. What can I do ?

Maureen and I have been watching Detectorists on BBC I Player.  A couple of months ago she lost an ear ring in the garden. We have searched and searched for it without success. Suddenly there it was staring up at me.

I ended my day watching Yesterday – the film centred on music from The Beatles. It’s a great tale. Time travel is my favourite genre of writing.

What will tomorrow bring ?

Speak again then.

No comments:

Post a Comment