Friday 6 March 2020

BLOG IT !

I had a beautiful day yesterday, so many people showing so much love and kindness as I prepared for today's Lunch Of Love. However, we did not sell a single e-book download yesterday making it two days with no sales.

BUT THE LOVE AND SUPPORT I RECEIVED DURING THE DAY WAS A MILLION TIMES GREATER THAN THE 99p TO
DOWNLOAD AN E-BOOK.

So why am I feeling frustrated ? Surely David those beautiful acts of kindness are more important than a couple of 99p e-book downloads !

Let me be greedy and explain why I want both.

Yesterday was a very hard day, at the end of it I actually slept solid for twelve hours. I know that at the end of the day I was grumpy and moody.  I could not have survived the day and be ready for today's Lunch of Love without the kindness I was able to wrap myself in the  kindness which was shown to me all day long. So why grumpy because we did not sell a single 99p e-book ?

I never want the love and kindness, the amazing support to end. I know it will not and I know it will grow and increase but I also need the 99p e-book downloads. Amazon tell me that if I get my act together I can sell a million 99p downloads and make royalties of £740,000 ! They have even now given me a specific plan to make that happen.  I need the love and
support to make it happen but I also need the 99p downloads to get things started.  Does that make sense ?

I started writing a blog in December 2016, here we are now in March 2020. Yesterday the blog achieved a total readership of 11 - YES ELEVEN.  Looking across the time I have been writing the highest ever readership was on 3rd December 2018 with 2,699 readers. In second place 11th March 2018 and 2,003 readers.  Amazon tell me if I want to achieve a million e-book downloads I have to BLOG IT !

FANTASIES OF A GERIATRIC DJ:

I am now working on Chapter Four which has the title New
City Sounds and is set in Milton Keynes during the 1980's and early 1990's.  Chapter Five will have the title Paradise and is set on the beautiful island of Barbados. The final chapter is The Podcast.  I am looking to have the story told in between 40,000 and 45,000 words.

Something else Amazon tell me is to set a date for publication and start promoting the book ahead of the date, asking for advance sales.  Easter Monday is 13th April 2020, I think this is a fair date to aim for.  It is important that I
generate between now and then - a total of 37 days a support base for the launch. This is why I want to have these daily 99p e-book downloads and why I am frustrated when they do not happen.

OK - being honest I am not looking for one million sales of The Fantasies Of A Geriatric DJ, it is not going to be my best work by a long way but ten thousand downloads would be good but I'll settle for just one thousand.

Will you help me build up the daily blog figures, I promise to write something each day ? Will you help me between now and 13th April make it possible to sell 1,000 e-book copies of The Fantasies Of A Geriatric DJ ?




No comments:

Post a Comment