Tuesday 31 March 2020

This not an April Fool

Having been stuck in doors for not very long, what is it eight days, I have been spending most of my time writing. Yesterday I published my book THE LOTTERY OF EVIL, I wrote it in time I have been in lock down.

I do not some how think it is going to make me an Amazon Millionaire but who knows.

Yesterday was the last day of the month from which Amazon kindly sent me details of my best sellers. I doubt you are remotely interested but can I tell you what  they  are ? Then I would like to share tow important things about these books.

My best seller for March was THE STORY OF A TEENAGE ENTREPRENEUR (FAILED) - my teenage autobiography.  Set in 1967 to 1969 I wish I was back there having the fun I did all over again. I originally published that book on 11th April 2017.

In second place is something I published five weeks ago. THE RAMBLINGS OF A SILLY OLD MAN.   I really  had a lot  of fun writing that, very pleased that in its first month it made it into my personal best selling list.

Next comes my war novel THE DIARY OF BILLY HARDCASTLE. That was originally published on 22nd February 2017.  It is set in and around Bletchley Park where I lived for three years in the early 1970's not as  a spy but as a student in a teacher training college which was located there.

In fourth place is THE WILD ADVENTURES OF DI CENTRAL EATING. I love this book. I am forever explaining that while this could be read by a child aged around 11 to 13 it is more an adult's view on a child's life. Every adventure while fiction is based on something from my own childhood. I originally wrote that book in 1993 with it first appearing on Amazon in March 2017.

Down to position five we have THE CASE FILES OF DAVE McDERMOTT. My first attempt at writing crime fiction.  My latest book THE LOTTERY OF EVIL is another case for Detective Chief Inspector David McDermott take on his most challenging case yet.


Finally, in last place is FANTASIES OF A GERIATRIC DJ. In last place yes but I only published that book on 22nd March !

I have fourteen books on Amazon. NO I am not writing this blog page simply to have an ego trip, if I was doing that then I would be telling you how many thousands of pounds I have made. I am too embarrassed to share with you how many decimal places I have had to use to get down to my earnings. I am sharing this information for TWO reasons.

FIRSTLY as we all go stir crazy in this lock down I have gone from working 12+ hours a day to zero. writing is all I can do. Can I encourage you to help maintain your sanity by writing your own blog.  If you do start writing tell me so I can read what you have to say.

When this nightmare is over I plan to edit my blog pages and publish it as ESCAPE FROM ARMAGEDDON.

All of my social care projects are on hold. I was spending around £100 a week from my own pocket to fund these. I am not needing to fund the projects right now but when normality returns and projects start coming on-line there will be significant costs. I have always funded things from my own pockets, selling books is my way of funding our activities.  These books can be purchased as e-books from between 99p and £1.99. Royalties are 70p
all of which will be spent helping others.

I am thinking how TWO projects can restart within the next few days, restart in the middle of this crisis. I will share my thinking within the next few days.

OK - I'll leave it there for today - HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY - speak again tomorrow,

No comments:

Post a Comment