Monday 21 May 2018

Spreading The Love

On Friday the directors of Radio Love International: myself, Josh and Rachel are going to Birmingham to visit Ronald McDonald House. As we drive up the motorway we will have a board meeting in the car, we have much to discuss and my brain is bursting with ideas. I thought I would use today's music page to share some of my ideas and invite our listeners to suggest their thoughts for Rachel, Josh and I to consider.


Chairman Rachel gave us the words SPREAD THE LOVE.  Dear friends nominated be for two categories in The Milton Keynes Inspirational Awards, I am desperate to win so we can use this in the development of Radio Love International. (Would you help us by voting for me ?  CLICK HERE.)

How about slightly rewording the mission statement for Radio Love International ?

PLAYING MUSIC TO MAKE PEOPLE SMILE AND BE HAPPY. INSPIRING PEOPLE TO SPREAD THE LOVE AND MAKE THIS A BETTER WORLD.

What do you think ?


On Saturday we enjoyed so much support from some extra special people. I am wondering if we should increase our
board of directors to bring onboard more love, more talent and more commitment. I have in mind four, possibly five people.

We had planned to launch ourselves as an internet radio station on Monday 14th May. Thank goodness circumstances prevented that from happening. Had we tried with our present level of support and organisation today, Tuesday 22nd May 2018 we would be announcing FAILURE.

Trying to launch during the summer would not be a good idea. I am suggesting and will put to Josh and Rachel that the launch day for Radio Love International is MONDAY 24th September with a launch party on either SATURDAY or SUNDAY 22nd or 23rd September.


That gives us four months. Four months to plan, four months to build the structure we need to become the world's biggest
radio station. (Not the biggest on Monday 24th September, just the BEST. The biggest will come later.) It will give us time to find the sponsors we need to finance everything. We could scrape by with £2,0000....£5,0000 would be better....£10,000 is realistically what we need.

Look at the support we pulled in for Sunshine Smile Day...........
REMEMBER SUPPORT DOES NOT ALWAYS MEAN MONEY. Surely with four months we can find all the cash we need to PLAY MUSIC TO MAKE PEOPLE SMILE AND BE HAPPY. THEN  INSPIRE PEOPLE TO SPREAD THE LOVE AND MAKE THIS A BETTER WORLD.


At the moment we are a radio station without a studio to broadcast from.  We had been pinning everything on a room
in Asda Supermarket but the company's head office did not catch the vision of the branch. We approached another supermarket, Morrissons, but they have failed to reply to our enquiry.

We do have my garage, it could work and is plenty big enough. However, Josh, Rachel and I had a feeling yesterday that Madam Destiny is pointing us in another direction. I can not say any more than that right now but by Friday when we go to Birmingham
we will have started to explore possibilities.

With a studio, with the money, with a stronger leadership team and all in place by Monday 24th September we would be ready to hit the air.

As you read my ideas do not just read them. Tell me what you think so I can share everything with Rachel and Josh. After all you are the listeners, the customers and the customer is always right


The strength infront of our microphones can only be as strong as those at the loudspeaker end of our broadcasting.

Between now and September the daily music blog page will continue. We will share everything with you and ask for your help and support.  As we have recovered from the jet lag of San Francisco and everything surrounding Sunshine Smile Day our MONDAY REQUEST DAY has lapsed. It will return on Monday 28th May. perhaps we could have specific themes for other days of the week, what do you think ?


We have had 7,975 readers/listeners to our music blog so far this month.  That's not bad but we should challenge
ourselves to reach one thousand every day ahead of Monday 24th September ? Each day I tag people on Facebook inviting them to read the blog.  So many like the page or post comments. There are, however, those whose silence is so loud.


Standing on the stage last Saturday I kept calling out HAPPY SMILING PEOPLE THIS WAY !  MISERABLE SAD OLD GITS THE EXIT IS OVER THERE.

Time, I am thinking to write off some areas where the miserable reside.

Sitting in the studio of Radio CRMK last Friday I watched the text messages come in from listeners. I am a fan of CRMK, they supported us on Saturday. We need to engage the happy smiling people in just the way they do.  I have been in other radio studios, one in particular, where all that is happening is the presenters ego with nobody listening. Seklow 105.5 I am talking about you.


Didn't we organise a fantastic event with SUNSHINE SMILE DAY on Saturday ?

Wasn't it amazing ?

The day was my idea. It started with me, Rachel and Josh supported me ten thousand percent but then so many people raced to be part of the action.

In effect we put on SUNSHINE SMILE DAY in three weeks.


If we can pull  strength like that into our live broadcasting there is nothing to stop us.


Absolutely NOTHING at all.


So let the music play.  Let the smiles broaden. Let the inspiration go into overdrive as we SPREAD THE LOVE.


No comments:

Post a Comment