Monday 25 March 2019

Meet Alfie

Did you read yesterday's blog ?  If not please CLICK HERE....

It was as if Destiny read the page.......

My show MONDAY MORNING MUSIC MEGA MIX went ok although I would have felt a bit happier had the audience been a little bigger. The PODCAST is now available.

This is a track I played yesterday.


On the way back home from the studio I popped into Milton Keynes Hospital to visit Lena. Still poorly she is recovering and, of course, in loving
hands in our wonderful hospital.

I then felt a little hungry so stopped off at a Tesco Express to buy something to eat and drink.

Outside the shop there was a guy who was strumming a guitar.  He was obviously down on his luck.  I gave him a pound from the bag of coins resulting from the previous
day's car boot sale. We talked, I tried to encourage him. He smiled, put his hand out and shook mine.

Let me play you the opening track from today's show - MUSIC FROM MY VINYL COLLECTION.....


3.47am, I have been here in the studio since 3am, all is set up and ready to start broadcasting at 6am. I hope you can join me: www.crmk.co.uk 


Lisa, Kev and I then made our way to CURLY TAILS pig rescue to select a pig our music could adopt.

Did you read YESTERDAY'S BLOG ? The philosophy behind Curly Tails is EXACTLY what I was trying to put over on yesterday's page.  Money given to a good cause but given without love is of little worth.

Let's have another track from today's show.


We were shown round the piggies, shown round in love. I was given the task of deciding which pig we should adopt with our music.  I made my choice very early on in the tour but said nothing to anyone until the tour was over.

What an amazing place Curly Tails is - LOVE. 

We were told that Curly Tails is a NON COMMERCIAL charity. I had never heard that expression before but it perfectly sums up my philosophy and is exactly what I was trying to say on yesterday's page.


I chose ALFIE as the pig our music will adopt.

We were told that in the summer Alfie's hair grows and develops a quiff at the front of his face which strongly resembles Donald Trump.

So Alfie is now part of our family.

Returning home I printed off a photograph of Alfie then went back to Milton Keynes Hospital where I gave it to Lena. She smiled and said she can not wait to be out of hospital and to visit ALFIE.
 
We have decided that the sponsored haircut at SUNSHINE SMILE DAY will be for Alfie.  I am now going to have to update the website and encourage people to put a quiff on the head of Donald Trump - I mean Alfie.

I want to move Alfie via our music into the other good causes we support, for the love of Alfie to reach out through the music to make people smile and be happy.


I had not been home from meeting Alfie for long when the door bell rang. It was Andy with STUFF for us to sell at next Saturday's boot sale. PERFECT !  That STUFF will be turned into cash and pay for the first month's sponsorship for our new friend ALFIE.


No comments:

Post a Comment