Thursday 17 October 2019

Amazing Team

A couple of days ago a local council members told me  that I was a humanitarian. That was a lovely thing to say, I am very honoured but the compliment has to apply to ALL of our team - THE SUNSHINE SMILE CREW.

Freddie Mercury once said - I am not the leader of
Queen, I am the lead singer - we are FAMILY.  The Geriatric DJ is NOT the leader of The Sunshine Smile Crew - he is leader of the music.

Freddie and I would like to celebrate all that is happening right now in THE SUNSHINE SMILE CREW and the wonderful people in our family who are making it happen.

Let's start by saying a big thank you to Team
Member Julie for the lead picture on today 's page. Freddie you used to be a graphic designer before you took up being a rock star - do you like the picture ?

And Thank You to Team Member
Stewart for the hundreds of inspirational posters you have been sending for us to use.

This afternoon Team member Mondira and I will be chatting about MELTING POT.  The local Imam wants to meet and discuss how his community can feature within the project - THAT'S AMAZING ! 

The moment Laxman and I met a friendship was
established with Deaamsai and the Hindu/India  Community. Through a contact we will soon be reaching out to the Ghanaian Community. MeltingPot is heading for orbit !

Also this afternoon Team Member Mondira and I will be talking with Ian the Headmaster of Oakgrove School about TeenHeroMK. This project does not launch until April next year but a lot of work is happening on a daily basis to get everything ready.
Next week  Team Member Shery and I will be meeting with Simon Lloyd, Chairman of the board at University Hospital Milton Keynes to plan for TeenHeroMK.  NHS Blood Donor System will be meeting with us to restructure Milton Keynes donor sessions in order to accommodate all the extra donors we are going to find !

Team Member Shery and I will soon be meeting
with The Police And Crime Commissioner for Thames Valley police to discuss out project DrugWatchMK.  Yesterday I posted a request the commissioner's office for information we can put at the centre of our discussions.

Each time I open my e-mail inbox I am nervous as I await a reply from The Guinness Book of Records to see if they are accepting our world record attempt. To pull this off we are going to need the help of every team member - if we get the go ahead we will be raising somewhere between ten  thousand a quarter of a million pounds to help our homeless and rough-sleeping friends.


I think yesterday's blog confused a few people. My birthday is not until 3rd November - come and celebrate my advancing years at the radio disco, sponsor a track and support Milton Keynes Winter Night Shelter care for our homeless and rough-sleeping friends.


Secret Santa 2019 launches on Thursday 31st October. This year Team Member Maureen will be in charge.


The following day we will launch Loving Our NHS MK.On a special radio show I will be playing a hit record from every year since the NHS was founded in 1948.


OMG Freddie that makes you 73 years old !

On 29th October Food Bank Director John will be joining me on the radio to ROCK WITH THE FOOD BANK.
On Tuesday 5th November Laxman from Dreamsai will be joining me on the radio to talk about the amazing work his organisation does.

Isn't all of this just fantastically lovely ?


I stuck up something on the website about Wombles. A simple little thing to encourage friends to simple things towards saving our planet.  Now it looks like a Team of Wombles may well be going out and about to womble some litter
away.

THANK YOU FREDDIE !

You can check all of The Sunshine Smile Crew projects on the website - CLICK HERE and find out all that is happening.

Let's have another picture from Team Member Stewart.


Are you a member of THE SUNSHINE SMILE CREW ?

Are you a humanitarian our friend was speaking about ?

If you are not then JOIN US.  Every member, every day is tasked with making at least one person SMILE.

To end today's blog this will make you smile.




No comments:

Post a Comment