Wednesday 29 April 2020

How Much Do You Love Our NHS

How much you you LOVE our NHS ?

In the present situation it is so wonderful to see so many celebrating our Incredible, Amazing, Loving National Health Service where doctors, nurses, porters, pharmacists, cleaners everyone DO NOT TREAT PATIENTS BUT CARE FOR THEM.

It is lovely to see what is happening, it is warming my heart BUT I do have a nagging feeling which will not go away.

  • When this terrible situation goes away will the support for our NHS also fade, even go away ?
  • Of all the millions of people currently celebrating and applauding of Wonderful, Super, Splendiferous National Health Service what percentage are doing so simply to jump on the bandwagon ?  I sincerely hope that the number is several zeros to the right of the decimal point.

I have been shouting my mouth off for THIRTY-FIVE years telling everyone I can get to listen just how special our NHS is. Within those thirty-five years it has been very difficult to make people listen.

My story is very personal. It is centred round my daughter Rebekah.  Tuesday 19th May will celebrate YES I DO MEAN CELEBRATE three years since she left us. I am working like crazy to tell her story in a book OUR REBEKAH A STORY OF LOVE FROM OUR NHS. Yesterday I wrote 5,344 words, a total of 17,113 since I started writing five days ago. I am planning to write between 40,000 and 60,000 words with every single one of them celebrating the love our NHS gave to Rebekah.

I will be writing furiously again today, I am going to start writing about the love and support my LEONITES gave to my family I will also be writing a very special chapter where the skills of some very special people within the NHS turned an impossible situation around to save young Rebekah's life.

There are 29 chapters in my plan.  Each chapter will have a picture at the top of the page.


Underneath each picture before my writing begins there will be a space where I am inviting people who know me, people who knew Rebekah, people who work in our NHS, people who LOVE our NHS to write a brief comment.

If I am honest I am a bit pessimistic about this. Will people catch on to my vision and sign their love or will I be forced to abandon the idea ?

Will you write something ?  You can e-mail me at dashford566@gmail.com or message me on Facebook.  Google Blogger carefully tracks the number of visitors to my daily pages so I will be able to calculate what proportion of readers sign their love,.

Will you sign ?

Check out the chapters:

CHAPTER ONE - THE FIRST ASHFORD GIRL IN ONE HUNDRED YEARS

CHAPTER TWO - YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE

CHAPTER THREE - ON CALL

CHAPTER FOUR - THIRTEEN IS AN UNLUCKY NUMBER

CHAPTER FIVE - A LITTLE GIRL SMILES

CHAPTER SIX - A TALE OF TWO PHARMACIES

CHAPTER SEVEN - THE COPS NICKED MY CAR

CHAPTER EIGHT - IRA BOMBING

CHAPTER NINE - ANOTHER ATTEMPT

CHAPTER TEN - DABBLING WITH DIALYSIS

CHAPTER ELEVEN - PLAN B

CHAPTER TWELVE - LEONITE LOVE

CHAPTER THIRTEEN - A NIGHT OF LIFE-SAVING DRAMA

CHAPTER FOURTEEN - CALIFORNIA DREAMING

CHAPTER FIFTEEN - A LONG AND DANGEROUS ROAD

CHAPTER SIXTEEN - THE WILD ADVENTURES OF DI CENTRAL EATING

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN - A NEW LIFE BEGINS

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN - JAKE AND LUCY

CHAPTER NINETEEN -  LIVING THAT NEW LIFE TO THE FULL

CHAPTER TWENTY - MEET A COWARD

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE - ROLE REVERSAL

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO - YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE - THE BRIDGE HOUSE

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR - WHAT NEXT

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE - THE LAST GOODBYE

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX - PARTY TIME

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN - COACH REBEKAH

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT - THE SMILE WILL NEVER DIE

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE - BOOKS FOR REBEKAH





















No comments:

Post a Comment