Wednesday 8 April 2020

SMILE though your heart is aching

THURSDAY 9th APRIL 2020:
Smile, though your heart is aching
Smile, even though it's breaking
When there are clouds in the sky
You'll get by
If you smile
With your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just SMILE
Light up your face with gladness
Hide every trace of sadness
Although a tear may be ever so near
That's the time you must keep on trying
Smile, what's the use of crying
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just SMILE
Yesterday my blog was a bit  negative. The whole point of writing is to record how I am feeling on a personal basis over this terrible time. I am not going to lie, I have been feeling low. That is not how I feel right now !  I am so happy. My life is bathed in love.
No sooner than I had published my negative blog than a special friend posted on Facebook, telling me to SMILE.  The postman then brought me a wonderful letter from a friend. I then received two wonderful positive telephone calls one from a lady then later from her husband. This kindness, this love has changed the way I feel so much.
The other day I put up a series of questions on the blog and suggested readers may have a bit of fun answering them.  I promised to share my answers but forgot, sorry about that - here they are:

Write down FIVE words which you think other people would recognise in you:
OLD  UGLY  SILLY  MUSICAL  KIND
What is your favourite colour ?  BLUE
What is your favourite flavour of ice cream ?  CHOCOLATE
What is your dream car ? TRIUMPH TR7
When you were a kid what was your favourite TV programme ?  BLUE PETER
What is your favourite place to go on holiday ? BARBADOS
If you could have any job at all and  have  the  qualifications  to  do it what would you do ? TRANSPLANT SURGEON
What is the craziest thing you have ever done ? DAVID'S FROG CHALLENGE
If you could be a character in any film what  character  would  that  be and in what film ? THUNDERBALL JAMES BOND
If you were a footballer which could would you like to play for ? SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY
What is your favourite meal at McDonald's ?APPLE PIE
What do you consider to be your lucky number ? 7
Who is your favourite cartoon character ? WINNIE THE POOH
If you won  the  lottery  what  would  be  the  first  thing  you  would  buy  for  yourself ? BENTLEY MOTOR CAR
If you won the lottery what would be the first thing you would buy for someone else ? A HOUSE FOR TWO OF MY FRIENDS
On a scale of 1 to 5 when 1 is low and 5 is high how much do you trust the following:
A politician 1
In this present situation the government 5
In this present situation the opposition party 1
A policeman 4
Your GP 5
A security guard 1
A traffic warden 1
Yourself 1
Your next door neighbour 5
Social media 1
A news reporter 1
A taxi driver 3
A train driver 5

No comments:

Post a Comment