Sunday 26 April 2020

So many smile yesterday for the NHS love story

SUNDAY 26th APRIL 2020:

Yesterday so many people checked the blog page for my writing project telling of the love our NHS gave to my daughter Rebekah.  THANK YOU.  Yesterday I wrote 1,938 words for the new book. Today I want to write an absolute minimum of 3,000 words.

Now on to other things............

As always I watched the Downing Street briefing.I was very impressed with what the Home Secretary said about tackling organised crime. As I always do I turned the TV off before the dumb journalists started their pontificating.  I do so hope that history will record how thick they all are.

I see today that the labour party is trying to score points !  Politics have been set aside during this crisis so Keir Stammmeer or what ever your name is - shut your gob !

Moving on. There is a thinking that there are only 24 hours in a day, I am not sure that I subscribe to the belief !  Let me look at what I was doing pre lock down

COUNCILLOR REPRESENTING FAIRWAYS WARD WEST BLETCHLEY COUNCIL:
I joined the council on 22nd October and was just  getting my feet under that table when lock down came in.  Once restrictions are lifted I will be back ! Time Factor: 3 - 4 hours a week - no big deal there. Star Rating:  3 stars - I think the rating may go up a bit.  Cost to my pocket: £0 - and NO we Councillors are NOT paid expenses out of your council tax.

CHAIRMAN THAMES VALLEY POLICE COMMUNITY FORUM WEST BLETCHLEY:
This I was very excited about when I was appointed but just as I was making plans lock down came in. Once lifted I see this as a major use of my time. Time Factor: 4 - 5 hours a week. Star Rating:  5 stars Cost to my pocket: £25 = 35 book sales needed to fund what I am doing

THE GERIATRIC DJ RADIO CRMK:
I love playing music on the radio, when the studio closed I missed the music so much but now I am a bit indifferent. I do want to return but I can not say this is the best use of my time. Time Factor: 20 hours a week  Star Rating:  2 stars  Cost to my pocket: £40  = 56 book sales - spent mostly on travel costs which I can not justify.  I am considering doing two live broadcasts a week with three as pre-records so meaning I only have to go to the studio twice a week cutting costs significantly.  We'll see.

MAX ROBINSON WRITER:
I want to spend more time writing but I MUST sell the damn books to fund all activities. Time Factor: 25 hours a week. Star Rating:  5 stars. Cost to my pocket: £0

DREAMSAI:
This will be my number one activity.  I love the Saturday Lunch of Love and the people who come along.  When an end to lock down becomes apparent I will talk with everyone so we can together take things forward. Time Factor: 5 hours a week  Star Rating:  5 stars Cost to my pocket: £60 = 84 books a sales - I wan t to up this to £100 a week = 140 books a week.

LOVING OUR NHS:
Everyone is getting excited with support for our NHS, wonderful but I have been shouting my mouth off for more than thirty-five years ! Time Factor: 2 hours a week  Star Rating:  4 stars  Cost to my pocket: £10 = 14 book sales

RONALD McDONALD:
I want to change the emphasis from supporting Ronald McDonald House Charities to supporting families with a child sick in hospital. Time Factor: 3 - 4 hours a week  Star Rating:  2 stars Cost to my pocket: £20 = 28 book sales

DRUGWATCH:
A lot was coming together then lock down came in.  I know with friends and colleagues we can do so much to support addict victims and rebuild lives BUT i am kind of hopeful that when the new normality come along the drug problem will have significantly reduced.  Time Factor: 5 hours a week  Star Rating:  5 stars  Cost to my pocket: £40 = 56 book sales a week

SUPPORTING EX OFFENDERS:
This came out of my trying to set up a community payback team to work in the grounds of Milton Keynes Hospital. I found out just how big an utter failure the governments justice system is !  It is nothing short of a scandal. The justice system ENCOURAGES crime !  yes it does. Silly people become victims then the justice system turns them into criminals. Time Factor:5 - 10 hours a week Star Rating:  5 stars Cost to my pocket: £50 = 70 book sales a week

WORKTREE:
I like working in schools but plan to cut this back to one session a week. I want to move into different areas to support schools. Time Factor:2 hours a week  Star Rating:  3 stars
Cost to my pocket: £10 = 14 book sales a week

THE FOOD BANK:
The support I have been giving will continue. Time Factor: 1 hour a week. Star Rating:  4 stars Cost to my pocket: £10 = 14 book sales a week

TOILET TWINNING:
Having twinned the radio station's toilet with a family in Uganda I want each month to make a grant which will twin a new toilet Time Factor: 1 hours a week  Star Rating:  3 stars Cost to my pocket: £20 = 28 book sales a week

PIGGIE ALFIE:
I want to find new ways to help. Perhaps this could be a community payback project. Perhaps I really could write a book THE ADVENTURES OF PIGGIE ALFIE AND FRIENDS. Time Factor: 1 hours a week  Star Rating:  5 stars  Cost to my pocket: £10 = 14 book sales a week

BLOOD AND ORGAN DONATION:
TeenHeroMK and Cops for Blood together with Melting Pot need to come back Time Factor: 2 hours a week  Star Rating:  5 stars Cost to my pocket: £10 = 14 book sales a week

LOVING THE WORLD WE LIVE IN:
What is the point of loving people in the world if we allow climate cowboys to destroy that world. Time Factor: 3 - 4 hours a week Star Rating:  5 stars  Cost to my pocket: £10 = 14 book sales a week

Adding all that up we have 90 hours a week = 13 hours a day, I need to delegate. £365 costs each week = 521 book sales a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment