Thursday 28 September 2017

What a day !

I said that yesterday was going to be a special day didn't I ?

It was another tsunami for the Wave Of Love. I am so excited here as I start to write the blog and tell you all about it.

Yesterday 190 people read the blog. That smashes the previous highest number by seventy-seven friends.  People sent me comments and their thoughts on what I had written.

TO YOU ALL I SAY THANK YOU

Christmas is coming you know. CLICK HERE and get into the mood while you read.  Leonite Maggie sent me the picture above. She knits these socks and offered to make some for OurRebekah to sell.

Hey when you have finished listening to Jingle Bells CLICK AGAIN and listen to something slightly different.

Maggie when your beautiful message popped up on Facebook it choked me. THANK YOU - THANK YOU.  I suggest we get some friends to pop their gifts for Secret Santa into your stockings and give them to families. 

Would that be OK ?

Listening to all this Christmas music is making me feel so festive, Let's have another song shall we  - CLICK HERE.

Opening my e-mail this morning a frog jumped out at me !

ANOTHER LEONITE. No not the frog, the woderful friend who sent it.

Chris thank you for that. You have started my day off in an extra special way.  I am so much looking forward to seeing you again tomorrow after all these years and ti meet your family will be an honour for me.  Christ and his family are supervising one of the FROG CHALLENGES.

For those who are no in the know a LEONITE is one of my former students from Leon School. 

Maureen has been very busy making cakes for tomorrow's event.  Here on the left is a cake she has made for The Mayor of Milton Keynes when he supervises the first challenge tomorrow..  

On the right are the cakes my soulmate, special friend and wife of 39 years has made to give to those coming to the challenge.

When I told her that Ro, the manager at Wrigglies Exotic Pets and host for tomorrow, is vegan she found a recipe from the Internet and made Ro a special cake all of his own. Ro, mate, it looks delicious !

This morning I have to finish off the display boards then we are all ready for the big event

I have edited together the various OurRebekah YouTube promos I have made over the past few months and put them into one long video which I will play as part of the display. It runs for an hour !

For a bit of fun I made something new for Ronald McDonald's House in Birmingham.

Libby (House Manager)  thank you for your e-mail yesterday. (I am working on the Hold A Rat Challenge for you !)  You are kind and your team run a fantastic house.  You call Ronald McDonald House Birmingham THE HOUSE THAT LOVE BUILT.   I have decided to re brand it to THE MANSION OF LOVE.  

To add music to the presentation I have made for The Mansion Of Love I nicked the theme Sheffield Wednesday fans sing at the start of every game. Trevor (Wednesday's Director of Communications) I hope you don't mind me nicking it !  Well you nicked it from Jeff Beck in the first place !


There is a typo in there. See if you can spot it ! I will do it all again. One day..................

Trevor sent me a lovely e-mail yesterday to add to the tsunami of love. I do not know how many directors there are within England's professional football teams but I bet most live high up in ivory towers. NOT Trevor !  What an incredible man he is and what a FANTASTIC friend of OurRebekah.

Trevor this is for you....................


Tell the boys to STUFF Leeds United tomorrow.  

OurRebekah will be sponsoring the goals Wednesday score. YOU, yes YOU, can cheer on the team and support Ronald McDonald House in Birmingham aka THE MANSION OF LOVE.  Don't just read these words ACT ON THEM.


Are you a friend on Facebook ? If not then CLICK HERE NOW AND BECOME A FRIEND. Don't just follow - become a friend.

This is Tony from Radio Secklow 105.5. He plays my kind of music and over recent weeks
we have become good friends on Facebook.  Tomorrow Tony and his wife are supervising one of the frog challenges and we will get to meet in real time rather than cyber space. Tony, I am so much looking forward to meeting you and your wife. Another special friend, a long-standing friend of my family and a LEONITE - perhaps the most famous LEONITE of all, Daphne Capp - former Head of Music at Leon, will be at the frog challenge.  I do not think that Daphne, who next week will celebrate her 89th birthday, is a football supporter but here she is signing some OurRebekah Sheffield Wednesday cards to send to families in Ronald McDonald Houses.
Somewhere, high up above the Atlantic Ocean, are two packages containing copies of Trevor's extra special Sheffield Wednesday 150th birthday programme and cards signed by Daphne. They are heading to the two Ronald McDonald Houses in San Francisco.

THESE DAMN GEEKS AT GOOGLE !  Don't you just hate geeks !  This Blogger page will not let me format Daphne's picture and fit it into the text on the right above. Geeks ! Ah - but..... Daphne is such a special lady perhaps I should put her picture below in large format and centre page.




Those same geeks have screwed up YouTube with their downgrading updates. It has made navigating my YouTube Channel difficult.  I have just about sussed it out so no doubt they will change things again.  Anyway to being this blog to its conclusion here's my Friday theme.



Take it with you all day. Let it stay with you and have a FANTASTIC FRIDAY.

I will see you at THE FROG CHALLENGE tomorrow.  Let me say how scared I am about holding the frog. Trevor I would rather play in goal for Leeds United tomorrow as the boys blast ball after ball after ball past me than hold that damn frog !






No comments:

Post a Comment