Friday 27 October 2017

All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth

I really love this picture.

Some of my  special Leonite friends were playing around on Facebook yesterday where your profile and the pictures shared could be analysed to say something about your character. I played around, had some fun and liked what the robot said about me.

I liked the little game which said I was PRINCE CHARMING. Never thought of myself that way before.

A nice thought but let's be honest CHARMING is not me is it ?

This one I liked......................

My arrest warrant. I am DANGEROUS to those who can not handle the truth. You know I think I am.

QUESTION - does that mean I am dangerous to myself ?

That fist picture, I think it does represent my character.

My wonderful best friend Jake.

Jake the dog..........

     Jake the dog ...............

There's no one quite like Jake the dog !

Ah well.

Ah well, I'd better stop rambling and report the latest news.  I have some exciting news to report.


Yesterday, I had a very special morning. It was another of those meetings where I presented a simple idea for an OurRebekah project to someone only to have it taken and turned into something much bigger and far more exciting.

I went to Broughton Manor Preparatory School to ask if children could illustrate my book T HE WILD ADVENTURES OF DI CENTRAL EATING so it could be republished with the royalties being given to Ronald McDonald House in Birmingham.

Little boy Di is about to become a pupil at the school. When his new friends have finished playing with him he will be famous.

More than thirty years ago I wrote ten stories, each a fictional adventure for little boy Di. His name is David but as an infant his brother could not say David, in his baby babble he would call him DI.  Central Eating ?  Nothing to do with a boiler and radiators. Di lost his baby teeth but his new adult teeth were slow to grow so he became CENTRAL EATING.

I wrote the story thirty years ago and dedicated it to Rebekah. Here is the original manuscript.

And as with so  much of what I do here's a bit of music from the story. You can't have anything without music can you?



All I Want for Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth is a novelty song written in 1944 by an American school music teacher. He asked his class what they wanted for Christmas and noticed that almost all of the children had at least one front tooth missing as they answered in a lisp. He then went on to write the song.

THANK YOU Mr Wikipedia for that bit of i formation. That is weird.


In writing my story THE BRIDGE HOUSE, another book where the royalties are to go to Ronald McDonald House Birmingham,  I am approaching Christmas 1946. The character Kenneth has just written home asking his mother, Lily the central character in the story, to send him some puddings as the food where he is station in the RAF in Egypt is not good. I real life Lily made some Christmas puddings and sent them to him. Also in the letter home Kenneth asked what music was being played back in England.

I searched Google and YouTube but have not found anything from those days at the end of 1946 that has stood the test of time and would be recognised by my readers. Now I find that Di Central Eating's adopted anthem was the Christmas hit for that year !

Coincidence ? I don't believe in coincidences !

At Broughton Manor Preparatory School yesterday I was shown into the art room. The work the children had produced took my breath away.  We are going to have some stunning illustrations in the book.  

But as I write this blog I have had an idea !

How about the children from the school singing Di's song ?


We will be working in the school in the Spring to bring the book to publication in the Summer.

Do you remember this ?


Saint Winnifred's School Choir topped the hit parade in 1980 with this song. Do you think Broughton Manor preparatory School could top the charts at the end of 2018 with ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS MY TWO FRONT TEETH ?

WAIT - I have not finished yet !


Tony from Radio Secklow 105.5 and his wife came to dinner last night. We were chatting about the radio station, OurRebekah and ways in which we could support each other. Tony is making the presentation to Sheffield Wednesday Football Club next month.

While we were chatting we talked about The Stables at Wavendon. Just down the road, The Stables is something that Johnny Dankworth and Cleo Laine.  I checked out The Stables on the laptop.

"Oh look," I said. "They even have a recording studio members of the community can use."

We did not need a recording studio for the things Tony and I were chatting about. That would have been round about ten o'clock last night.

I am bringing this blog to it's conclusion at seventeen minutes past seven in the morning.

You know it is possible we do need a recording studio !






No comments:

Post a Comment