Saturday 14 July 2018

It is PEOPLE that matter


Day Two of my holiday - having a great time, lovely part of the country, beautiful weather and wonderful people.

I am naughty, this is my second holiday in four months.

Come on in, the water is warm.


The Internet speed and phone signal, however are driving me nuts !

HEY nobody responded to my request on yesterday's
page to help Josh and Jelena, to give them a lift to Bletchley Irish Centre on Saturday and save them the four and a half mile walk !

Actually it is 4.7 miles.

Tell me you can help and I will give you Josh's number.

Don't make them walk !



I am NOT missing Milton Keynes but I AM missing my friends and the work we need to be doing. We have the boot sale at The Irish Centre on Saturday and Willen Family Fun Day on Sunday.  There's a lot of work to do for both. Could do with some more stuff to sell on Saturday and on the bric-a-brac stall on Sunday.  HELP !

Hey look at these trees I found today. I think they are tall enough to obscure the Milton Keynes Monstrosity of The Hub.

I grabbed some seeds to bring home and plant them so even Central Milton Keynes will be brought back to the Milton Keynes Development Corporation edict that NO BUILDING SHALL BE TALLER THAN THE SURROUNDING TREES !

Maureen wants to move to Devon, I found those trees growing in the garden of a house we put an offer on today.


 Remember this picture Gary took of me in Hippie Park ?

I could not find any flowers to pose with so decided to apply an English accent to the song and posed with an English Oak !

So instead of IF YOU'RE GOING TO SAN FRANCISCO BE SURE TO WEAR SOME FLOWERS IN YOUR HAIR.....


IF YOU'RE GOING TO TEIGNMOUTH DEVON BE SURE TO WEAR SOME OAK LEAVES IN YOUR HAIR !




Teignmouth Devon, you need to sort out some seals for your version of Pier 39 !

Shouldn't be difficult. The San Francisco seals appeared after the 1989 earthquake so just give the ground a bit of a shake.


On the subject of earthquakes could we please have one in Central Milton Keynes adjacent to The Hub ?  I saw a frog swimming in a pond today, can't be the demented frog that designed The Hub - this one had four legs and a brain.


The architect of Milton Keynes Hub was a DEMENTED frog which only had three legs !

When we were in Hippie Park last April it took an age and miles of walking to locate Hippie Mount. I fixed the
Teignmouth version easily.

Should we start the 2019 sponsored haircut on Hippie Mount Teignmouth ?

NAH - it could not cope with these internet speeds.

If we start now we may, just about, manager 2020 !


This is Lombard Street in San Francisco, said to be the craziest street in the world.  I don't know who said that, obviously they have never been to South Devon where the roads are even narrower and the traffic moves even slower !

Good job none of these are in Milton Keynes !  Our scumbag council would insist of vehicles having a parking ticket !


Milton Keynes - THE CITY YOU LOVE TO HATE !


YEH I love San Francisco, it's a great place to visit but I would not want to live there.


I LOVE Teignmouth and YES the plan is to retire here in 2020 when I am 70 years old.


But right now there's a lot to happen in Milton Keynes. I am going to enjoy the rest of my holiday here, have another three days then it's back to Sunny Milton Keynes with its hideous city centre skyline and obscene parking charges, we have a lot to do !

Ridiculous architecture and rip off car parking charges do not a city make.  IT IS THE PEOPLE WHO MATTER.

Teignmouth is in the process of exporting two things to Milton Keynes. As if we do not have enough vinyl I found two discs in a charity shop and could not resist them.

This.................


And this...................


NO MATTER WHERE YOU LIVE - San Francisco, Teignmouth or Milton Keynes it is the PEOPLE that matter. BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE. No matter where, I do not want to live anywhere - San Francisco - Teignmouth - Milton Keynes - ANYWHERE without LOVE.


No comments:

Post a Comment