Saturday 28 July 2018

Life is so much more fun when you are silly !

This was last week's INSPIRATIONAL THOUGHT !

Approaching time for a new inspirational thought for the coming week.

I am thinking about this ? 
Do you like it ?


5.45am and two of my family of friends were with me at The Irish Centre Car Boot Sale setting up and hoping the rain would keep away.

I have two words for all you people who are praying for rain STOP IT !

No sooner had we finished setting up than the rain came ! 

Then just as we covered everything up the rain stopped !

Here's a view looking towards Central Milton Keynes.

And below a view taken at the same time looking towards Bletchley's Lakes Estate.

See which is the brighter !

OBVIOUS LOL. I hate Central Milton Keynes and have always had a special place in my heart for Bletchley's Lakes Estate.

We had our first sale of 50p at 6.50am. By 7.15am we had taken a tenner. At 9.20am Josh had a £15 sale from one guy. We ended up with a total of £46.26 which I think is great considering how few people were there and the fact that only ten stalls were brave enough to ignore the rain.


I really like our weekly boot sales. I like chatting to the customers and LOVE fooling about winding them up and being silly.

FRIENDS ARE THE FAMILY YOU CHOSE FOR YOURSELF.

A STRANGER IS ONLY A FRIEND YOU HAVE YET TO MEET.

A bit of music for those sad people who have been praying for rain !


That's the first record ever played on BBC Radio One. Pop
music in Britain has gone downhill ever since !

Right, where was I ?

Ah at the car boot sale YES and saying how I find them fun.

Here's Josh putting price stickers on the merchandise. When he was busy and so did not notice I put a 10p sticker on his back.

NOBODY BOUGHT HIM !

Mrs Josh suggested 10p for one of him 5p for three !

He got his own back when he posed me for this pic, saying it was a good likeness of me !


Should have gone to Specsavers !

Well you've got to have a laugh haven't you after all Life is so much more fun when you are silIly !

Talking of being SILLY, Andy we sold those crutches.

Is there any music we could play about an old man with a gammy leg ?

Perhaps not politically correct these days but I know what we could play ?

Dare I risk it ?  Sod it, why not !


Keeping in mind that life is much more fun if you are silly, let's play three songs from this man on the right and dedicate them all to our WONDERFUL FRIENDS at Bletchley Irish Centre.


And how about this ?


And finally.....................



We have not sold the FRIENDS picture here. Tomorow, well I'm writing the blog on Saturday afternoon for TODAY, let's see if we can sell it at MK Bowl.

The car is packed, I have my fingers crossed that The BBC aka The Bullshit Broadcasting Corporation has screwed up Sunday's weather forecast.

I have updated the accounts page for the boot sales if you are interested - CLICK HERE.


The car is so packed there is not any room inside for Josh and Jelena, they will be walking to the boot sale.

Here's a quick pic from last Sunday. You Rainmoaners stop praying for rain !

We also have a big weather problem.

On Saturday Josh sold the  last  umbrella !

So what are you doing this morning ? Tomorrow morning ?  What ever ?

Come by the Milton Keynes Bowl and say HI.

Make sure you bring the sunshine with you.

These car boot sales are only the journey, they are being held to fund them support projects we are running. Those Let's Inspire projects are the destination.

IF THE JOURNEY IS FUN THEN THE DESTINATION CAN NOT FAIL TO BE A SUCCESS !



No comments:

Post a Comment