Sunday 6 January 2019

Good morning

GOOD MORNING

It's 4.25am and here I am in the studio of Radio CRMK.  I've been here since 3.50am, setting up the studio for the day and preparing everything for me to start broadcasting at 6am. www.crmk.co.uk

Not sure what the weather is doing, far too dark outside but one thing for sure - IT IS GOING TO BE A FABULOUS DAY.


That was the first song I ever broadcast here on the radio. It's not in today's play list, perhaps I should drop it into
tomorrow's show. I actually do have it on vinyl.

Yesterday's blog readership was good - THANKS ONE AND ALL FOR THAT.

This is a track which is in today's playlist, it's actually number 12 in the list.


We need a  big blog readership today as STIG wants to run
something by you.

I woke up this morning to a text message from Josh. Hey mate that did make me smile and start my day off well - between you and me I am not sure you needed to go into quite so much detail.

Yesterday I covered Paul Alexander's show GROUND CONTROL, he is away on holiday, this is something I played then and it's number twenty-three on this morning's playlist.


Covering Paul's show yesterday the music had listeners in: Germany, Romania, Italy, India, UK, Finland and Austria.

That now brings the music's global audience so far in 2019 to 18 different countries.

UK  FRANCE  ITALY  SINGAPORE  PORTUGAL  USA  IRAQ  INDIA  THAILAND  MEXICO  POLAND  AUSTRALIA  KUWAIT  TWAIN  SAUDI ARABIA  SYRIA  FINLAND  AUSTRIA

I have probably played this track more times on the blog than any other but I just have to play it again.


Stig thinks we should change the name of our music fan club - OK so I am The Geriatric DJ but I fool around like a five year old, the name works for me as a person but for someone coming across our music it could give the wrong impression. Stig things we need something different.

This is number twenty-five in today's play list.


Helen had a hit with that when she was 15 years old !

I am suggesting we should call our music fan club THE SMILING TURNTABLE - Stig isn't quite sure so wants to ask you all what you think.

The membership of our fan club currently stands at 262 - ARE YOU A MEMBER ?  CLICK HERE AND JOIN  Stig things it should be around 262,000 !

Stig, mate, I know you like this song so let me play it while people think about the name they think will work best for the group.


This is the playlist for today's show.


NO this next version is NOT in today's playlist. When I played it to Josh he thought it was - well I won't use the word he used but substitute the word "ODD".


Well we do play music to make people SMILE after all. Today I am going to experiment with a play out theme - I'D LIKE TO TEACH THE WORLD TO SMILE.


What are you having for breakfast ?  Away to my right I have Marmite and Lettuce Sandwiches - HONESTLY !  It's 5am, I'll be live in an hour. I can see from the broadcast computer that people are already tuning in ready for the show. I wonder what they are having for their breakfast. www.crmk.co.uk 


Smiling is infectious, you catch it just like flu -

When someone started smiling at me today, I started smiling too.
I walked around the corner and someone saw me grin.
When he smiled I realised I had passed it on to him.
I thought about the smile and understood its worth,
A single smile like mine could travel round the earth.
So if you feel as smile begin do not leave it undetected
Start an epidemic and get the world infected.


OK, now for those Marmite and lettuce sandwiches !

No comments:

Post a Comment