Saturday 5 January 2019

Turn up the smile

2pm this afternoon through until 4pm I am covering Paul Alexander's show on CRMK - GROUND CONTROL.  I am looking forward to sharing a mix of music with Paul's listeners.

To quote Paul:  
Ground Control is a pot-pourre of musical genres ranging from Jazz’n’Blues through to rock, the classics and everything in between.

I have given a lot of thought to the music I will play this afternoon, a lot of thought.


Obviously I must replicate Paul's music mix but the last thing I want to do is to put The Geriatric DJ's stamp on to the show's recognised style.  I have, therefore, decided to open
the show with David Bowie then spin the turntable with a wide selection of tracks which follow in the slip-stream of David Bowie. There will be pop, rock and roll, classical music and a couple of voice tracks from the Apollo Moon Programme.

Listen in and see what you think. www.crmk.co.uk

Tomorrow we all get back to normal after the holiday period. I will be bringing you  Monday Morning Music Mega Mix.  Here's a track from that show.


Leonite (A Leonite is one of my former students from the time when I was head of year at Leon School) ARIF KAHN I will dedicate that track to you and hope it will make you smile.

I actually have that track on original vinyl but I
have decided to play it on Monday's show not Tuesday's Music From My Vinyl Collection.

I am a good boy aint I ?

After being too busy to write this daily music blog on a regular basis things are now back on track.

Tuesday's featured album is THE SOUND OF MUSIC, which of course I do have in my vinyl collection, but I will also be playing a section of 7" singles including this.


It's now two years since I started writing this music blog. I am looking forward to the day when total readership hits 100,000. I think we will have a big party on that day.

STIG, aka Paul, who is part of the team managing the music fan base called me, we will be meeting up during the coming week. Within our phone chat he said he liked the way I have started to introduce each radio show with voice over 76 Trombones and have now made this my signature tune. He challenged me to play out each show with I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing adapted to I'D LIKE TO TEACH THE WORLD TO SMILE.  Stig, I am working on it - let's see how well it works this week.


On Wednesday I am taking my life maxim - LIFE IS A DISCO SO DANCE and using music to inspire my listeners to dance their way through 2019. I will also be pushing out, as I plan to on every show, the New Year Resolution to turn as many strangers into friends as possible. My New Year Resolution and something I am challenging everyone to take on as their own.



I am going to play this on Paul's show this afternoon.


I was planning to make Gustav Holst and The Planet Suite my Thursday show this week but yesterday Maureen and I took our little dog Jake for a long walk at Stowe National Trust gardens near Buckingham. Stowe is the jewel in the crown of The National Trust. Never a week goes by without Maureen, Jake and I enjoying its vast grounds.


Driving home from Stowe I had a CD playing in the car, a CD featuring the most successful composer in history. Who do you think that is ?

Here's a clue.


Got it ?  Another clue.


It is the one and only Andrew Lloyd Webber. Getting home I wrote a new show for Thursday - ANDREW LLOYD WEBBER, THE MODERN COMPOSER OF CLASSICAL MUSIC.

Gustav and his planets will now be broadcast the following week.

I keep a very close eye on the audience for all of the shows I broadcast.


I do hope I can do a good job for Paul this afternoon. Do tune in won't you: www.crmk.co.uk
 
Friday will see my launching a new show on Radio CRMK. As I write this page I am listening to the tracks for that show.

Each week I will invite listeners to take a trip in a time machine with me to the same day in history and pick our way through the pops of the time - the TOP THIRTY. This week we will enjoy the Top Thirty from 11th January 1967.

This was number 30 in the chart.


Half way up the chart was this:


And this was NUMBER ONE:


I said I was being a good boy. I have the music on the blog sorted. I am now working on a re-write of the website:
www.geriatricdj.com 

Right now I am working on the area  
showing where we took music into the community last year.  

I joined Radio CRMK at the end of August last year, I started writing this blog in January 2017. During 2018 we certainly took music into some incredible places
.
The first event was in Asda Supermarket in the snow.

I fooled about in a bra as we played music to promote awareness of breast cancer.


Remembering that day in the snow I just have to play this.


Music fan club member Lisa and I will be chatting tomorrow about where we will take our music into the community this coming year.

George Ridley, Director of LightForce International. would like us to take it to Uganda.


 Well why not ?


Let's turn up the smile on our turntable.



On YouTube, on this blog, on our website, in the community and now on the radio I hope we made a lot of people smile.

PLAYING MUSIC TO MAKE PEOPLE SMILE, BE HAPPY AND TO INSPIRE SUPPORT FOR GOOD CAUSES.

We have to turn up the smiles for 2019.

To close today's page here's something I will be playing on Paul's show this afternoon. Do listen www.crmk.co.uk







No comments:

Post a Comment