Saturday 2 May 2020

All life is sacred.

SATURDAY 2nd MAY 2020

Another day. It is as I write at 7.30am a beautiful day. The birds are eating their breakfast from the food I have put out in the garden for them.  In an hour I will be heading off to do our weekly shop, at the top of my list is food for the birds.  I am assuming we will come out of this pandemic but if we do not then I think the planet will be safe in the hands of the birds.

I believe with a passion that all life is sacred. It could be argued that that some life is more sacred than others.  If that is true then mankind is definitely one of the lower life forms.

Earth overshoot day 2019 was 29th July.  Earth overshoot being the day in the year when man has used more resources than the planet produces in the year.  I have not been able to find when the estimate date for 2020 will be, I would like to think it will be some time in September or October. What I do know is if the birds were in control it would  be 31st December.

One of the greatest joys for me during this lock down has been sitting watching the birds. This is not the first time I have written about them in my blog.


I am a vegetarian. For most of my life I was a meat eater, this fundamental change of lifestyle only happened two years ago. As I write now I am looking out of the window at robins, blue tits and sparrows eating their breakfast. Could I go out, catch them and cook them in a pie for my tea ?

The likes of Burger King, McDonald's and KFC are all closed for the duration.  I am sure the birds in my garden would join me in saying I hope each and every one goes bust. I would be a far better world without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment