Tuesday 19 May 2020

Sunshine Smile Day

Wednesday 20th May 2020
I awoke at 4.30am this morning to the beautiful sound of the dawn chorus.

This year we have an abundance of birds in our garden. It's costing a fortune to feel them all.

We also have a family of squirrels living with us: Mum, Dad and three babies. 

If you could remove mankind from the planet what a beautiful world it would be.

I like to think that I am not a wimp but recent days have left me feeling very depressed. I am not going to pretend that it was anything but a had day yesterday but it was filled with beautiful moments. Not least the smiles from my family of squirrels !

First thing yesterday I delivered copies of this week's FUN QUIZ SHEET to all homes in the area where I live. Taking Jake for his morning walk I posted several hundred of our Smile Cards to many hospitals up and down the country. I am concentrating on renal units and childrens wards.

I delivered copies of our latest quiz sheets and more Smile Cards to our Super Hero Cops at MK Police Station.

Maureen and I then went for a little drive. We drove to Aspley Heath where Rebekah had gone to school. Walking through the trees I collected a bag full of fir cones which I have now
put into the garden to remember the day.

We went to Broughton Manor Prep School where she worked and parked outside Beck's classroom window.

Finally we went to Woughton and sat in the sunshine to eat.

It felt like a normal day. It was an escape from the doom and gloom of the pandemic.

I think it is the pandemic that is making me feel so low.

Stop being negative.

THANK YOU to all who have been wrapping my family and in love.  THANK YOU to all who have  downloaded a copy of OUR REBEKAH A LOVE
STORY FROM OUR NHS. You are wonderful people. Trying to engage with the media for help is like slamming my head against a brick wall. It is great that people are starting to sing the praises of our NHS but I am now into my fourth decade of doing so and other than MK Citizen  nobody wants to know. I believe that OUR book is the biggest story in celebration of our NHS to come out of the current situation so why doesn't anyone want to know ?

MKFM - what a waste of space that is !

There is a glimmer of hope on the horizon from ITV News which I will follow up today.

Given that we are The SUNSHINE Smile Crew I plan to target THE SUN NEWSPAPER today.  I am loading the explosives to fire up the backside of The bbc. YES, bbc in small case letters.

But sod the media. SMILES are what counts.  Today at least another 400 Smile Cards will be on their way to more renal and childrens wards all over the country. I will continue sending cards and quiz sheets to residents in care homes. I want to start praising staff in shops and thanking them for going the extra mile. This morning I finished a doggie quiz.


I want to send copies to care homes, the police dog unit, vet surgeries which are still open.

Smile Cards, A5 posters advertising our books, cards to sign for families staying at Ronald McDonald Houses, families with a child sick in hospital - will you sign some ?


THANK YOU EVERYONE - actions speak louder than words. Your actions of love are so special. Thank You.







No comments:

Post a Comment