Thursday 26 April 2018

Is this NEGATIVE ? It is meant to be.


Yesterday was a really weird day !


A day of great opportunity yet a day lacking in support. My hand was on the volume control but nobody was there to flick the switch. 

I tagged TWELVE people into yesterday's blog when I posted it on Facebook. ONLY ONE person commented on the blog. Two people shared the content.

Readership was down. 

I was stretching to turn up the volume but nobody was flicking the switch to get the turntable moving.

Frustrating.................


Too many people have failed to answer e mails I have sent out over the past week. I have had to negotiate a path through apathy and failure.

It is very hard to spread the love when people refuse to take the lid off the jar.


It's 1.59am.  Since midnight I have been laying in bed with one thing after another turning over and over in my mind. One failure after another. One person after another person who has let me down.  I just had to get up and come downstairs to the laptop to begin writing today 's blog.

I think I will go back to bed, try to sleep then come back in a few hours to finish the page.


5.15am and I am back.

Everything I wrote earlier is a bit negative.......

It was MEANT to be !

Facebook is a powerful tool isn't it ?

When I have finished writing today's blog I will post it on Facebook.


When I have posted on Facebook I will check out what others have had to say. There will be those who say..........

I have sprained an eyelash. It really hurts !  OH DEAR  WHAT  A SHAME NEVER MIND !
I AM A SAD PATHETIC INDIVIDUAL AND FEELING SORRY FOR MYSELF.  I NEED A HUG.  GET OVER IT !
I AM A SELFISH INDIVIDUAL WHO ONLY EVER POSTS ABOUT MY OWN LITTLE WORLD.  I HAVE NO INTEREST IN OTHER PEOPLE.  GET A LIFE !


When I posted this picture earlier in the week it attracted six likes.

SIX ! That's all.

I do not remember exactly the first post I made sharing the plight of a homeless couple I had met but over a couple of weeks as I shared the story many real friends on Facebook started to send their love. One of those friends who LIKED the picture quickly messaged me and told me about a homeless support initiative.


Immediately I stopped what I was doing and drove to see the homeless couple.

A few days later I posted saying I was not going to share any further updates on this homeless couple as they were not homeless any longer.

Josh and Jelina are now friends with so many of my friends.  I personally value their friendship so much. They are very dear and lovely people.


You'll not find either of these two posting about sprained eyelashes, needing a hug or failing to care about others.

Dear friends flicked their switch. Josh and Jelena then turned the volume switch up to number eleven.

Yesterday Josh and I met with Patrick, Radio Love International's web developer. Patrick and his friends are ready and waiting to take our music and turn it into a live radio station.


As well as doing all the work Patrick flicked the switch and brought a sponsor with him.


Heslop's Removals flicked the switch to pay for our broadcast licence.


We need switch flickers to support Patrick with the costs of some very expensive hosting systems and software to write the radio broadcast website.

How much do you think all that would cost ?  How much to flick the switch ?  IT'S EXPENSIVE !


A money grabbing geek web design company would not give you much change from five grand. Patrick has carefully costed the project at one thousand nine hundred pounds. THAT IS A BARGAIN.

Later today Josh and I will start looking for people to flick the switch so we can turn up the volume.

Josh called me last night and said SURELY WE CAN FIND ENOUGH FRIENDS TO CHIP IN AND HELP US SUPPORT THE CHARITIES WE WORK WITH.


In this video blog you will see Josh visiting a number of business I have patronised over the years. One in particular I have spent in excess of ten thousand pounds with. When
Josh asked them to sponsor Radio Love International for ten pound all he got was silence.

The owners were probably too busy fixing sprained eyelashes.  One thing is for certain I will not be spending another wedge of cash with them.

How about your business ?  Could you flick the switch ?

If I can get Milton Keynes Foodbank to answer the e mails I have sent to them this good cause will be at the centre of Sunshine Smile Day. In this case we have already flicked the switch and are waiting for the Food Bank to turn up the volume. 


Anyone have any contact with the Food Bank ?  Anyone who could give them a kick up the backside and get them to respond to my e mails. Anyone who could put their hand on the volume control and invite them to turn it up ?


Never mind the sprained eyebrows on Facebook. Never mind those who find it difficult to answer emails.  This lovely lady messaged us on Facebook saying she had changed her shift pattern so she could spend the day with us at Sunshine Smile Day and build our mountain of tins for the foodbank.

When we were appealing for gifts for our music tombola at Ronald McDonald House Maggie was one of the first to give us gifts of love.  Gifts she so kindly hand made herself.  When Josh and Jelena left their tent behind and moved into their home Maggie was the first to give them gifts of love.

I bet Maggie has never sprained an eyelash in her life.  She is too busy giving other people hugs to ever need one herself.


Before we can do anything today. Before we can find anyone to flick switches so we can turn up the volume we have to go
to Argos. Somebody has stolen Josh's laptop !  The police know who it was and when they find them they will be arrested. I doubt the stolen laptop will be recovered.

Josh will have a new laptop by lunchtime. He can then start doing all over again the hours of work, at least one hundred hours of work, rebuilding the music playlists for when we turn the volume up and start broadcasting.


Another person who has never sprained an eyelash in her life is Radio Love International Chairman Rachel.

Today we will share with her details of our meeting with Patrick yesterday. If anyone can find people to flick switches Rachel can.


So is this a negative blog post today ?


Or is it positive ?

I guess it depends if you are an eyebrow sprained hug needing self centred person or not.


If you flick the switch we'll turn up the volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment