Thursday 9 November 2017

There is only one place to view this world and that is from on top !

Do not read a word of today's blog until you have.........


If you have done that then you can start writing.

Yesterday the blog achieved 190 readers, that does not beat the daily record of  209 but it came close.  For many days recently  readership has been below 100 which has been a bit disappointing so that figure of 190 is good.  I wonder what today's blog will do.

In the last two minutes, between getting out of bed and opening the laptop I have changed what I am going to write about.

You have CLICKED HERE haven't you ?

It had been my intention to devote the blog to Santa and OurRebekah's SECRET SANTA project - yesterday was a spectacular day - gifts poured in but I want to make the blog different.

Is that OK with you Santa ?

On Monday Frank Scarito from Radio Secklow 105.5 is interviewing me for his MY INSPIRATION show.  It's a great show you know, check it out.

Frank is very clever in the way he manages his guests. He has an ability to draw them out and get them to say what the audience wants to hear.

I know the questions Frank is going to ask me. I asked him if he wanted me to give my answers in advance so he could prepare the interview.  He did not. He likes to react to that his guest says and develop the show to follow what is being said.

That's very clever, it demands a lot of skill in the interviewer.  It is a skill I do not posses.

With Frank not wanting to know what I will be saying I am certainly not going to reveal my answers here on the blog.  I am, however, going to say TWO things which will influence the way I speak with Frank on Monday.

The first is THE ONLY WAY TO LOOK AT THIS WORLD WE LIVE IN IS FROM THE TOP.  The only place to live in this world is on the top.  YOU ARE LISTENING TO THE SONG AREN'T YOU ?

These days universities have FRESHERS WEEK - month - year - decade. In my day it was FRESHERS DAY.

I sat in this building while one person after another droned on creating utter boredom all around them.  However, there was one thing that was read to we young students at the start of our academic career. It is a long piece so I will here quote just one part of it.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

I believe the entire piece from which that quote comes is so important. From freshers day in 1971 to my now sixty-seventh year it has been central to my life. I have recently written a new will, I have asked that this piece of poetry, the ONLY thing I remember from freshers day is read at my funeral.

Now I am going to say something that will grab your attention. Your immediate reaction will be to close this page and never revisit my blog.  Don't do that, read on and allow me to explain.


I AM A RACIST

Oh, and by the way Santa is a racist as well.

I am proud to be a racist and am sure that Santa shares the same pride.

You still reading ?

There is only one race in the world and that is the HUMAN RACE.  I honestly do not care what the colour of a person's skin is - black, white, brown, green, yellow, purple. I do not care what nationality a person is providing they are proud of that nationality. There is only one race in this world the HUMAN RACE.  Both Santa and I do not reognise anything different.

Shortly before that boring freshers day this was a hit.  I had the single. I remember listening to it as I wrote my very first college essay.


I am not sure I actually agree with what it says.  I do not think the HUMAN RACE would be half as good as it is if we all looked the same.

Checking the readership for the blog I have readers in many different parts of the world.



I call this blog The Wave Of Love. I am never short of things to write. Every day love comes my way.  If I had stuck with my intended theme for today it would have been to talk about the 23 gifts that came in yesterday for Santa's Sack. Opening my laptop this morning there were two messages asking me how people could send their gifts to Santa.

YES, Santa only believes in one race - THE HUMAN RACE. He also ONLY looks on the world from the top.

Forty-four years ago a crazy band had a Christmas number one hit. I can guarantee it will be played again extensively this Christmas. How many songs of any genre of any musical composition will be played at Christmas 2061.  I won't be around to find out. 

Would people like this song if it were not something for everyone ?  Would it have lasted half a lifetime had it not been sung from the top of the world ?


I am rambling a bit now, I do that don't I.  Frank when you conduct that interview on Monday you will find I talk too much and you will need to tell me to shut up.  NO Frank I will not tell you what the answers to your questions will be, I think you may find them a bit eccentric but within each and every answer I hope you and your listeners will hear in every word my passion that:

1. The ONLY way to look at the world we live in is FROM THE TOP
2. There is only one race inhabiting this planet, it is a race we must all be proud to belong to, THE HUMAN RACE

I have just finished proof reading the blog. While I have been trying to correct the typo's I have decided NOT to end it with the two points above, I am going to leave you with that entire poem from freshers day.  Read it. It has an important message.


Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter, for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism.
Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass.
Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be. And whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.













No comments:

Post a Comment