Thursday 28 June 2018

SAD MISERABLE OLD GITS THE EXIT IS THAT WAY ......

Thanks Mum for donating your bell collection to sell at Sunday's car boot sale.

Went to see Mum and Dad yesterday, Mum is 90 years old and Dad is 94. In September they will have been married for SEVENTY years.

Come September Maureen and I have only been hitched for a mere FORTY years.

Mum and Dad both feature in my book THE BRIDGE HOUSE. Have you read it ?  ALL ROYALTIES FROM SALES GO TO RONALD McDONALD HOUSE BIRMINGHAM SO CLICK HERE AND SPLASH OUT !

I called Jelena to tell her about Mum's gift for the boot sale. She and Josh have been together for SIX years. Hey my friends, when you celebrate your 70th anniversary can I buy the first round ?

My Mum came from Lambeth, she used to play the piano. In The Bridge House she plays THE LAMBETH WALK on the piano. Here you go Mum.


I was driving back home from Mum and Dad yesterday afternoon.  I took the leisurely route down the A5 to avoid the M1. At the traffic roundabout on the South side of Towcester there was a naked man, stark whatsit naked, standing with his hands in the air. At first I thought it was a statue but as he turned to show the cars his bum he obviously was real.

I think he was a hippie ! In my current book DJ Max his moving towards the hippie year of 1967.


I am growing my hair again ready for my return to Hippie Mount in San Francisco next Spring.

Have no fear this hippie will NOT be naked !



When we have the first Smile party in Central Milton Keynes at the end of July I plan to go dressed as a hippie. My hair will not grow back by then. Think I will have to get a wig.

I have completed the Let's Inspire draft page for TEA AT THE RITZ. CLICK HERE to read it in pdf format. I ran it past Josh and Jelena who liked it. Now Rachel is back from her holiday I can show it to her, make revisions we need then invite you, our supporters, to start getting involved.

I make no apologies for playing this song AGAIN.  It appears regularly on the blog. PLEASE LISTEN TO IT.


When I gave Jelena a copy of Let's Inspire's THE CHANGE plan she looked at the picture, this picture, and said Who is this, I do not recognise him.


Unlike Milton Keynes Council, both the council tax paid employees and the democratically elected council members, Jelena understands the situation and knows who our friends forced to sleep rough are.

The words on the picture I nicked from a homeless person I met in San Francisco last April.

PLEASE CLICK HERE and read our plan.

Another link for you to click is our ROCK AND ROLL PARTIES supporting THE FOOD BANK.  Click and check that out.

On Tuesday Josh and I are descending on TEN major supermarkets in our city, inviting them to have one of our Rock and Roll parties in support of The Food Bank.

When it comes to putting on a Radio Love Roadshow we are good at what we do.


At our last event, Sunshine Smile Day in May, Josh was asked to be the official representative of Ronald McDonald House Charities. Here he is on stage receiving, with Milton Keynes Mayor Petchey, a cheque from Asda Supermarkets.

Let me share a story with you. May 2018....in January 2018 Josh and Jelena were homeless, living in a tent outside one of the supermarkets which will soon stage one of our Rock and Roll parties.

Ahead of Sunshine Smile day AND after the event when I sent them some pictures, I contacted The Head Of Homeless Services and The Case Worker at Milton Keynes Council. 

Would you not think it would have been nice for them to have sent some words of encouragement  and  congratulations ? 

NO, NEITHER ANSWERED EITHER COMMUNICATION !  That's not just bad manners, that's not just and example of their failure it's just typical of the way they work.

THREE TIMES this week I have e-mailed SIX democratically elected members of Milton Keynes Council. That's EIGHTEEN e-mails !  Only two responded and that was on the third e-mail. Says a lot doesn't it !


Let's play this in attempt to wake these unfortunate people up !


Yesterday our blog pulled 137 readers, figures are a bit down. But OMG social media, Facebood attracted EIGHTY SEVEN likes, comments and shares. Wouldn't it be good if this page could attract similar response !?!

This picture keeps appearing all over social media. It shows Maureen and I with the Managing Director of Shearings Holidays and the CEO of Shearings Leisure Group at the naming ceremony of COACH REBEKAH. What an utterly amazing company Shearings is ! 

LOVE  EFFICIENCY KINDNESS are the words to describe the way Shearings work.  I joked with a manager at the company earlier in the week saying staff at Milton
Keynes Council should be forced to spent time on an in service training course at Shearings.  Ours would be a better city if they did !"

Apparently this picture appeared in The Citizen newspaper.  I have been trying like crazy to find a copy of the paper but so far without success.

Make sure you listen to Radio CRMK between 10am and 12noon today. The MD of Shearings will be speaking about that photograph and Coach Rebekah. Last week I was in the studio for a ten minute chat
about the coach.  I was there for 90 minutes not only talking about Wonderful Shearings but also about the homeless crisis in Milton Keynes and The Milton Keynes Food Bank.

I am a great fan of radio CRMK so make sure you listen this morning.

On last week's show we played this. I do like the song and play it as often as I can NOT to wind up Shearings but to APPLAUD them.


In March Josh and I drove up to Ronald McDonald House in Birmingham to hold a music tombola for families who had a child sick in Birmingham's Childrens' Hospital.

Again I told Milton Keynes Council's Head of Homeless services and The Caseworker. AGAIN they FAILED to respond. SAD !

Another Let's Inspire project is LOVING OUR NHS.  We take great pride in supporting Ronald McDonald House Birmingham. We have a number of things in the pipeline to continue this support. In yesterday's email was something
from a parent who had spent time in the house. Can I please share it with you.

AH !  Google is screwing up the formatting for cut and paste so can I give you THE LINK - CLICK HERE for the page.

Please read it.



So many of our wonderful readers supported Josh and I at Ronald McDonald House and our Music Tombola, this is how your love was shared with families.


As I close today's blog let me share a video Terri made.  ATTENTION Milton Keynes Supermarkets this is how we run a music party.  WATCH OUT Josh and I will be descending on you next TUESDAY !


If you were there you would have heard me constantly calling out from the stage...

HAPPY SMILING PEOPLE COME THIS WAY....

SAD MISERABLE OLD GITS THE EXIT IS THAT WAY ......

I AM GOING TO USE THAT FOR TODAY'S BLOG BUT FORTUNATELY THE SAD MISERABLE OLD GITS DO NOT READ OUR BLOG !






No comments:

Post a Comment