Thursday 27 September 2018

Broadcasting with a Sheffield Wednesday scarf

All my fellow Sheffield Wednesday fans please note I ALWAYS broadcast my radio shows wearing my club scarf. Some may think this strange or odd but it puts me in a certain mood which I hope adds something to the broadcast. Here's the scarf in my second attempt at a video blog.


Something very special happened yesterday, it was an experience I shall never forget if I live to be one thousand years old.

I had taken Jelena, aka Mrs Josh, to a doctors appointment.  I waited outside. I had gone in Maureen's silly little car as the Jag is packed with STUFF for Saturday's boot sale. When Jelena came back the car would not start. DAMN ! A total stranger came along, said You have a flat battery !  He then pushed
my car into a position where he could bring his car next to it then jump started Maureen's silly blue box with its lawnmower engine.

That lovely, wonderful guy could have simply walked by but NO he stopped to help. He stooped and was kind.


I plan my radio shows four weeks in advance, with two weekly broadcasts - soon to become three, I have to get in advance of myself. One of the shows I am planning is
SMILES AND SILLY MUSIC, two hours of crazy music and inspirational kindness. I was planning to broadcast the show at the end of next month but now it will happen NEXT WEDNESDAY.


I have slipped yesterday's anecdote and flat battery between these two songs.

Make sure you set your alarm clock, get up and tune in to radio CRMK - www.crmk.co.uk CLICK ON LISTEN and join me for some fun, silly music and inspirational anecdotes.

The radio show does not actually do anything other than play the music, my intention in broadcasting is to INSPIRE people to do things themselves.

Last week I was trying INSPIRE people to consider some special people who contributed so much to our city.  If you
missed that show or any of my broadcasts you can listen to the podcasts - CLICK HERE.

I think I am going to change the playlist for next Wednesday. WEDNESDAY was that a deliberate pun ?  I am going to slip another song into the playlist...this....


When it come to singing HI HO SILVER LINING I intend to accidentally on purpose leave my microphone open so you can hear me singing to the world HI HO SHEFFIELD
WEDNESDAY.  Do you like that idea ?  It'll be fun but not as much fun and nowhere as silly as when I play AIR GUITAR during the piece. Everyone up in the STEEL CITY it will be on the playlist for about 7.45am so make sure you are listening.

The PODCASTS for my shows have been checked out 79 times, not bad as I have only been broadcasting for a little over a month. Looking at the stats for this blog page which I
began in January 2017 yesterday hit a total of 75,416. I am hoping we hit one hundred thousand by Christmas.

Audience figures for my show yesterday morning were not great but for a brand new show hitting the airwaves I guess I should be pleased.

When I played the finale from 1812 Overture perhaps I should have turned up the volume so the cannons woke up a few more people.


On next Thursday's edition of WAKE UP WITH THE CLASSICS Beethoven will be my featured composer. Yesterday I played something featuring Maria Callas, she will be there again in the playlist.


On Tuesday 30th October I will be starting a third early morning show where, while I am playing everything using modern digital music, I will ONLY play a song if I have it in my vinyl collection.

This needs to be added to the anecdotes for next Wednesday's Smiles and Silly Music show. Yesterday, a listener brought round a stack of stuff for the charity car boot sales I run each week-end.


Among the gifts of STUFF to sell was a stack of vinyl including an original pressing of HELP by The Beatles.

LOOK at the kind of money the album is commanding on ebay. To sell or not to sell, that is the question.

Should I be greedy and keep this in the vinyl collection for the new show.


There is also an original 12" single of Michael Jackson's THRILLER. Look what it would fetch if it were autographed !  Do you think I could forge Michael's signature. How long do you get inside for fraud ?


The Bullshit Broadcasting Corporation claim the weather for this coming week-end is good.

Is it sensible to trust anything The BBC says ? Probably not but today I will sort out the STUFF to sell. That will see us at Bletchley Irish Centre on Saturday and MK Bowl on Sunday. We always make more money at The Blowl but I love The Irish Centre, such lovely people who run the event and by far the happiest customers. Bletchley Irish Centre and all the wonderful people there together will all those who have donated STUFF for us to sell will be included in my SILLY SMILES broadcast next week.  There is one particular customer who will be in my mind when I play this song.


Josh and I understand the joke but I would never dare sharing it on live radio !

And with that I think I will bring today's page to an end.

HAVE FUN and remember Life is MORE fun if you are a bit silly. NO it is NOT silly to wear a Sheffield Wednesday Scarf while broadcasting live radio.


No comments:

Post a Comment