Monday 17 September 2018

Love Is All Around

As I write today's blog page I am listening to the playlist for tomorrow's show which I am giving the sub-title LOVE IS ALL AROUND

During tomorrow's two hour live broadcast I will be playing thirty-five inspirational love songs.


All listeners who have sent in requests for me to play their wedding songs will be able to enjoy them on the show. I am really looking forward to sharing the music.

To listen tomorrow go to www.crmk.co.uk and click on listen.

If you do miss the show I will have it on the podcast as soon as possible. To listen all past shows CLICK HERE.


Today, Tuesday, is my Mum and Dad's 70th wedding anniversary. This special milestone provided the inspiration for tomorrow's show.  Her Majesty will be sending a special congratulations card this morning and I do hope she will be able to tune in tomorrow.


Let's Inspire MK is breaking new ground on the radio station. Instead of recorded music playing early we are now broadcasting live on Wednesday mornings.  Tomorrow will be my fourth show.

I am pleased with the way my audience figures are developing and am very grateful for all the kind and supportive messages so many have been sending. These certainly make it worth my while getting up early at the crack of dawn. I tend to be in the studio at 5am ahead of going live at six.

This was the number one on the day of my Mum and Dad's wedding.


I do have a long way to go to get my audience figures where
I want them to be. My fellow broadcasters put me to shame with their shows. There is some amazing listening to be had. Go to www.crmk.co.uk and check the schedule.  Where there is not a show listed there will be some lovely recorded music for you to enjoy.


I invited my lovely listeners to help me write the playlist for
tomorrow, I did not do that as a way to build by audience but simply to help me chose what to play. However, I do hope it will nudge figures up a bit tomorrow !

I am now going to try to involve my audience in building the playlists for each
week.  Next week's show is prepared and ready with the sub-title MILTON KEYNES WALK OF FAME.

Who needs Hollywood Boulevard when so many musical giants have an association with our city ?

Recognise this ?


That was written by a Milton Keynes man.

I hope he would recogise this particularly beautiful version of his song which I will play on Wednesday 9th October. I have started to work on that show.

But back to tomorrow.  My Dad served in Cairo in the RAF so tomorrow I will play this.


When I play that I will be tagging in my former Leon School Student, Sam. Sam is headmaster of the international school in Cairo. You and all of your school will be listening won't you Sam ?

Wednesday 2nd October will be a show playing only music which has been requested. I am going to split the show into FOUR separate thirty minute sections, each with a few words of inspirational wisdom. Here's some tunes from the playlist:

LIFE IS LIKE A GAME OF FOOTBALL, THERE IS MORE TO IT THAN TWO GOAL POSTS AND A BIT OF GRASS BETWEEN THEM.


That, of course, is one of the two anthems of my club. I plan
to accidentally on purpose leave the microphone open so you can all hear me singing HI HO SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY.

I do wear my Wednesday scarf in the studio for all my shows.

HONESTLY.

LIFE IS A DISCO SO DANCE


LIFE IS A LOT MORE FUN IF YOU ARE SILLY


Face it, music does not come much more silly than that !

LIFE IS LIKE A VINYL RECORD, IF IT DOES NOT CRACKLE YOU ARE NOT LIVING IT PROPERLY

I will be playing all the tracks using our studio's sophisticated digital broadcast system but I will ONLY play songs if I have an original vinyl copy at home. Songs like this...


Note the Sheffield Wednesday scarf !

Back to tomorrow.

Make sure you tune in at 6am - no room for you to be a Sleepy Joe when The Geriatric DJ is on the air.

Simply go to www.crmk.co.uk and click on LISTEN.

Let's end today's page with another track from tomorrow's show.



No comments:

Post a Comment