Sunday 23 September 2018

I am a drug addict

I am a drug addict

I have been an addict since I was nine years old.

Anyone who knows me will be fully aware of my addiction.


I am addicted to music, I can not get enough of it.


I am wondering if I should change the name of my blog to ROCKING ALL OVER THE WORLD.


Or perhaps CONFESSIONS OF A MUSIC ADDICT.


Checking my e-mails first thing this morning I do wish the author of the second message in the list would stop writing to me !

I am currently editing some tracks from The Everly Brothers, there are a couple we could perhaps play for our Prime Minister.

Could we change this slightly to THERESA'S CLOWN ?


Or SO SAD !


With three weekly radio shows to present I am working hard to get way ahead of myself, I am writing playlists six weeks in
advance.

Well that's my excuse. The reality is I am feeding my addiction.

Don and Phil Everly wrote their songs to have fun, to make people smile and be happy. THEY DID NOT WRITE AND SING THEM FOR ACADEMIC STUDY.


It was/is the same with William Gilbert and Arthur Sullivan.


The same with Mozart, Beethoven and all great composers from their time. They did not write for musical snobs or
academics.

On Thursday, bright and early at six in the morning I will broadcast my first classical music show. I actually hope one or two musical academic snobs do tune in, perhaps I can help you APPRECIATE the music for fun and fun alone.

I am aiming my show at everyone, everyone who is awake and looking to start their day with some fun, beautiful music. BE WARNED if you do listen you could also become an addict.


The academics would give anyone who would listen a lecture on that piece of music but the reality is it is a FUN piece about GOSSIP. Can you hear the tongues wagging away as the instruments play ?  I can.

A quick bit of admin !

You can listen to my shows and the vast, fun schedule of so many super presenters on Radio CRMK by going to www.crmk.co.uk and clicking on listen.

You can listen to the podcast of my shows by CLICKING HERE.  Don't be shy - become s follower. Hey, give my ego a boost, I'd like that.

You can contact me either via FACEBOOK or drop me an e-mail...inspire@crmk.co.uk 

PHEW ! I need a fix, a bit more music please.


I've played a couple of songs for our Prime Minister, let me play this for our local council.


Is Milton Keynes bidding to become the litter capital of Europe ?

YES I have that Womble song in my vinyl collection. This is on the flip side of the single.


Life is a lot more fun if you are silly.



That was Strauss's THUNDER AND LIGHTNING POLKA. I
wounder if we played it nice and loud, if we played it nice and loud in Central Milton Keynes we may be could induce a bolt of lightning to his The Hub and obliterate it from the skyline.

My Wednesday show this week - LET'S INSPIRE MK has the sub-title WALK OF FAME. Musically I will be playing tracks to celebrate people and legends from our city.

I am NOT planning to play anything for the architect of Central Milton Keynes but I will be playing this to celebrate a group from the 1970's who played at Wilton Hall.  Chicory Tip used a vast electronic synthesizer to add to their music. Today my laptop contains more power than that enormous machine.


Wilton Hall was the original entertainment hall for the code breakers at Bletchley Park. If only the walls of Wilton Hall could talk ! They can't of course, they are still subject to The Official Secrets Act !


Billy J Kramer also played Milton Keynes, he played at The White Hart on Whaddon Way. My friend was the pub manager and I helped him put the act on.


Listener William Hewitt, let's chat and see what we can do to mark Jim Marshall's shop in Queensway Bletchley. Without that shop and without Jim Marshall NONE of the great bands of the 60's and 70's could have played a note.


Status Quo played at Bletchley Youth Centre. Sadly Bletchley Youth Centre is less than a shadow of its former self and Jim Marshall's shop has now been turned into a nail bar and take away chicken shop. Bletchley remains the centre of amplification for musicians.

Here's a song about chickens !   Let me play it now for all musical snobs and academics !


Hey I am having fun !


I LOVE that song. Not strictly Milton Keynes but semi-local, The Baron Knights came from near by Leighton Buzzard.

Yesterday I bounced the idea of my starting a video blog !

Oh by the way the readership of this blog which has been running for just over a year has now hit.....

75,068

THANK YOU ! Make sure you tune in to my two shows this week and help me achieve a similar audience figure.


Have you seen this advert on TV ?


Isn't that BRILLIANT. Freddie was not a musical snob and I am sure beyond any doubt that he would thoroughly approve.


Did you see the MARSHALL amp in that clip ?  The brilliant performance could not have been made without Bletchley, Milton Keynes and Jim Marshall !

This is fun.......


And here's the version my grandson and I made for YouTube a few years ago:


Go to YouTube and type in SILLY OLD MAN FILMS.  See what you find.





I guess that has given me my fix for the morning. Let me end with my all time favourite piece of music. The greatest piece of music ever written. Take it from it is is, after all am I not a music junkie ?



No comments:

Post a Comment