Wednesday 10 January 2018

Playing music for my friends


Normally when I start to wake up each morning I know what I am going to write on my blog. Today is, or perhaps I should say, was different. At 4am I did not have a clue.

Then I opened Facebook and this jumped out at me - the thingy on the left I mean.

Seven thousand LIKES. I am moved, I am flattered.

In my e-mail there is a message from someone who stopped to listen to the music I was playing last Saturday at the Roadshow. I have been asked if I will play music at a surprise family party.

There is a message from a reader of yesterday's blog who has something I can use when I start writing my new book about the legends of Milton Keynes.

Yesterday I was juggling messages and phone calls for three important matters. Three difficult situations which were all resolved by way of those concerned standing firm and supporting me while I put together all needed to make the problems go away.

Another friend had found an amazing collection of vinyl in a local charity shop and told me to go and have a look. THANK YOU.

THANK YOU to all who supported me.  With a friendship base like that perhaps I should run for president !  Nah, let Donald Trump do that job - I'll start my own pirate radio station. Let me play music for these friends,



Thimee to hand over to Weatherman Andy.


This is the very first LP I ever owned. I got it from a newsagent opposite where my grandmother lived. That original LP is long lost but recently I found a copy for sale on e-bay and now it belongs to me.

Yesterday I was playing the LP while I worked and this song popped up.  I am going to play it now for our Weather Man, Andy.

There you go Andy.................



I have a very special treat in store for myself this evening.  I am going to watching a performance of Rigoletto so let me play this for myself and all opera fans.



I am seriously thinking to start my own radio station, yes I am.

When I do I intend to give my eight year old grandson Adam a job as DJ.

I will be the Geriatric DJ and he can be the Junior DJ.


Adam likes to tease me about my love of ballet so I am going to embarrass him by now playing a video he and I made almost three years ago. Here you go Adam...............


When I start my pirate radio station it will not be based on a ship anchored in the cold North Sea. I have a location a bit more like this in mind.



I have had two wonderful holidays on that beautiful island, it has been too long since I was last there. Do you like the song ?

My pirate radio station will, of course, have advertisers supporting it so I've popped a few of those who say they will advertise with me on today's blog.


So what to play next.....

I know.



My two granddaughters Katherine and Frances. Love you girls !

Unlike Adam, Katherine loves the ballet, she takes after her silly old granddad. Katherine this is for you - my favourite dance from my favourite ballet.


Are you enjoying the music ?   Let's play this..........


LEONITES do you remember when I used that song in assemblies.  

Well I guess I had better sign off, I've a few phone calls to make about setting up my own pirate radio station.





No comments:

Post a Comment