Thursday 18 October 2018

Getting there !

I used to joke that my epitaph would read - HE WAS GETTING THERE BUT RAN OUT OF TIME !

Actually I think it is going to read THANK GOODNESS THAT SILLY OLD SOD HAS GONE !



A good number of friends reading yesterday's blog, a bit down on the day before but still pleasing.

I have set myself a target of 100,000 readers by the end of the year.  If I can find an average of 265 a day I will do it. I AM GETTING THERE !

Coming home from this morning's broadcast of WAKE UP WITH THE CLASSICS Maureen asked me how the show went. As a radio show it was perfect BUT without my making any slip ups, not so deliberate mistakes, I think some of the fun may not have found its way from the microphone to the loudspeakers. CLICK HERE and listen to the podcast - see what you think.



I have just broadcast my 12th show on Radio CRMK, I am still very much the newbie.

CRMK has been broadcasting for 40 years. Here are a couple of pics from its early days. Perhaps when I have been there for 40 years I can stop being a newbie.

I AM GETTING THERE
Today my show had listeners in Zimbabwe, Indonesia, India, Kazakhstan, USA, France, Italy, Germany, Poland, Canada,
Latvia, I even had a listener or two in Britain !

Did you listen or were you a LAZY BONES ?  If you were CLICK HERE and listen to the podcast. Go on give my ego a boost and send the listener figures up a bit.


Not only is Radio CRMK celebrating 40 years of broadcasting but on Sunday 21st October Maureen and I will be celebrating 40 years of being wed.  I am married to the most patient and forgiving lady in the whole world. I AM GETTING THERE !

Can I indulge myself and my misisus to play our wedding song ?


I keep changing the day when I say I will have finished writing our website www.geriatricdj.com I AM GETTING THERE !

I was going through the process of beta testing all of the pages but keep getting ideas for new bits to add in. I had a brain wave during this morning's show when I was playing this.


Within WAKE UP WITH THE CALSSICS there is a weekly feature DIPPING INTO GILBERT AND SULLIVAN. Playing that song from Pirates of Penzance I decided to add in a new area in the site DIPPING INTO G & S. I was explaining on the show how Gilbert and Sullivan left things open for producers to interpret certain songs their own way. WOW look how this producer interpreted the music !


I will take my laptop away on holiday and try to do a bit more work !



OK I guess if I am to pull 265 blog visitors today I had better shut up and publish the page.  I AM GETTING THERE !


No comments:

Post a Comment