Thursday 25 October 2018

M is for MUSIC it is not for BORING

M is for MUSIC but when it comes to a certain fast food giant it is for BORING !

Heading to the studio yesterday I thought I would go to the McDonald's drive through and treat myself to a couple of hash
browns for breakfast.

4.35am.....

Sorry Sir we are not serving breakfast yet, only the main menu.

McBORING !

This piece of music does NOT apply to McDonald's !


I don't usually make a video blog on Thursday but yesterday I was asked to play a new record from a singer. It was so fabulous I just had to make something to add to today's page.


That was yesterday - Thursday. Today is FRIDAY.

From our YouTube daily music choice here's music to start and end your day.




TODAY we are starting something band new. Across the different places we play music: here on the blog, on the radio, on YouTube and now on our website we are building a weekly TOP TWENTY CHART.  Click here !  Every song in the chart can be listened to but let me share a couple here.






Every time I hear that song I think of the music event we did at Asda in February.

CLICK HERE to check this week's chart and have some fun. I have a sneaking feeling this rock and roll number will appear in the chart before to long.


Jelena and I sometimes have very philosophical and deep conversations, in such discussions we are always of one mind. The other day she said that if you love someone you can not say why you love them. If you can make a list: he gives me special gifts, he is good looking, he buys me flowers and so on then that is not real love. Love just exists because it exists and needs no reason.

She is right isn't she ?


So I did not get my McDonald's hash browns on the way to the studio yesterday. I had taken a tub of sweets to put by the broadcast desk as a THANK YOU to my colleagues who have jumped on board to support the Toilet Twinning project, I nicked a couple of the sweets.

CHOCOLATES FOR BREAKFAST !


That's love for a partner, a husband or a wife.  Josh and Jelena who run the music operation with me celebrate
SEVEN years being together on Monday 5th November. FIREWORK NIGHT !

We have recently discovered a an organisation which is full of love - love I am constantly speaking about - love for your fellow man. Helping MK Homeless sorted a washing machine for Jelena and Josh but I knew I would not be able to fit that into the boot of my car. I popped a request for help on Facebook. I knew exactly who would step forward in love to help.  I was right - THANK YOU PAUL - you are an amazing, kind and loving man.

I have a suspicion this will appear in the Top 20 chart but possibly as a one hit wonder.


BORING STUFF - No not McDonald's ! Accounts !  I have set up a new accounting page on the website so have a peep, CLICK HERE.  It is important friends know EXACTLY what
we are doing with the money. NOT A SINGLE PENNY is taken away from any good cause we support.

We do not have a lot of STUFF to sell but The Bullshit Broadcasting Corporation says fine weather for tomorrow so I'll make my way to Bletchley Irish Centre to make a few pennies to help cover our costs.

Also tomorrow I will finish updating the OLD SQUARE RECORD SHOP, our website's on-line shop, so we can start to generate income there.

OK enough boring stuff let's play out with something else from the Top Twenty.






No comments:

Post a Comment