Wednesday 24 October 2018

It Does Not Work !

I was in the studio yesterday for 4.30am. Having been on holiday I had not found time to double check the tracks ahead of broadcasting so went in early.  That mean I did not write the blog until I got home. By then friends were into their day and the numbers of readers/listeners were low !

OK today, ahead of my show WAKE UP WITH THE CLASSICS I am writing today's blog yesterday.

This is a track I will be playing.


I am going to play the track from BRASSED OFF and will probably conduct the broadcast desk while the music is played.

If you missed yesterday's blog CLICK HERE - it was a bit of fun !

The toilet twinning page is now available on the website !

Have a peep CLICK HERE

Dipping into G & S is also now open for you to enjoy. CLICK HERE

As we dip into G & S I will be playing this later today.



I may be The Geriatric DJ but within the brand there are three of us. Not having seen them for a week I went over to see my dear friends Josh and Jelena for a chat and to talk about music.

Jelena is a bit worried we do not have enough help for The Bletchley Lights event. What are you doing on Saturday 24th November ?  Could you lend a hand for an hour or two ? CLICK HERE



Josh's face lit up and sparkled as we chatted about the charity zip wire challenge we will both be doing in the New
Year. I need to update that page on the website then offer the challenge to good causes.

I can not begin to tell you how much I admire Mr and Mrs Josh, you know their story. From rough sleeping in a tent last January to working with me in this music project. But please do not think life is easy for them, they may have come a million miles but they have another ten million to go. They have their own page on the website CLICK HERE  

Today's featured composer is Elgar, next week it will be Strauss - there are more than one Strauss of course but here is something from today's show featuring Johann Strauss The Younger.


Josh, Jelena and I have worked together playing music now for more than ten months. I have educated Josh and he loves retro pop. I am slowly introducing him to classical music. However, when this was on the car CD yesterday  he switched it off !  I will be playing it this morning.


On Wednesday next week we will be launching SECRET SANTA - yes that page is open on the website so CLICK HERE

Jelena came into the studio a few weeks ago to take photographs, most of the studio pics on the website she took.

Yep, she took the pics then fell asleep !  Was the music I played so boring !

I took that pic !

I did get Josh along with his laptop to promote the broadcast but I know he was secretly writing a playlist of rap music to use at a disco event !

Caught you out Josh mate.

My two friends are NOT early people. The day Josh joined me in the studio he had not gone to bed from the night before !

Both want to join me next Wednesday as show guests to help tell the world about Secret Santa.  Time will tell LOL !


Jelena is a bit reserved about speaking on the show, she is conscious of her Russian accent. Who cares ?  I say it adds character.  I played this on yesterday's show.


I also played this !


And with that I will close for today.  ENJOY THE MUSIC.


No comments:

Post a Comment