Sunday 7 October 2018

REMEMBER there are 2 b's in RUBBISH !

1.55am

A few quick words.  In an hour, maximum, I want to head off to the studio to pre-record a couple of shows but ahead of that I want to write a quick blog.

Car boot sales this week-end were a disaster.  OR WERE THEY ?

Saturday's sale at The Irish Centre did not happen thanks to the weather. Sunday at Milton Keynes Bowl took the grand sum of £28.50 less £8 pitch fee = £20.50. I was there from 6am to 12noon so that works out at £3.41 an hour !


BUT it would appear I have a bit of a reputation as the MUSIC MAN. People all morning were coming up to me and talking music. I am selling the vinyl we will never use while treasuring the tracks we will. This is becoming a bit of a focal point at Milton Keynes Bowl.

So Freddie Mercury played Milton Keynes Bowl, Michael Jackson played Milton Keynes Bowl, David Bowie played Milton Keynes Bowl. Now The Geriatric DJ is playing Milton Keynes Bowl.


HEY - Sheffield Wednesday won on Saturday, we are now 6th in the table. WOW !  Only problem is Sheffield United is top of the league !

During the long periods of inactivity at yesterday's car boot sale, times when customers were a million miles away and there was nobody to talk to about music, I scribbled away writing more of my book.  I must type up the couple of thousand words and get them all on-line.  The story has now reached Max Robinson, the central character, discovering Mozart as he prepares to take on the responsibility of a classic music show on Golden Gate Radio.

I will try to type the text up this coming week !


I need our website to be finished, up and running. I need to print out some fliers to hand out people who come to talk music with me.

I do not really want people to spend a lot of time in the site until it is finished. Right now the website has 8 people in America, 5 in Britain, 3 in Australia, 2 in China and 1 in Spain dipping in. Josh said the obvious: Why don't you take it down until you have finished it ?  Thing is I need people to beta test it as I go along.

www.geriatricdj.com - that's the site. I am currently working on the WORDS OF WISDOM PAGE.....


CLICK HERE - see what you think.

Once I have finished the page I  will write a guest book so those using the site can leave comments.

REMEMBER there are 2 b's in RUBBISH !


2.23am - time to get dressed and head to the studio.


Catch you later.


No comments:

Post a Comment